People AdvisorPermanent | £34,500 per annum
We are delighted to have been chosen to recruit the new People Advisor for this unique Welsh business, they need a proactive HR professional to join the business in a time of change and growth.
The role reports to an experienced and supportive HR Manager, who is keen to recruit someone who will play a key role in providing consistent and professional HR guidance across all departments. Your new team supports a diverse workforce that will benefit from a helpful and empathetic People Advisor.
As the ideal candidate you will be ready to showcase your expertise in delivering business-focused, commercially driven people advice, guidance, and support. You will be at the forefront of fostering a positive and engaging workplace culture. You will also have practical knowledge of employment law and its application, together with a passion for coaching and upskilling operational managers on their role in the employee lifecycle.
- Deal with people queries and provide appropriate advice and guidance to employees and managers in line with Company policies, procedures and legal compliance.
- Delegate people queries to the People Assistant as appropriate and at the appropriate level
- Provide generalist and employee relations support including providing confidential advice and assistance to managers and employees in relation to policies, including, but not restricted to, employee performance, conduct, disciplinary, grievance, absence management, maternity, paternity, adoption, flexible working and shared parental leave rights
- Support and coach managers to undertake disciplinary and grievance investigations, when required
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of a positive climate of employee relations, supporting managers and attending meetings as necessary
- Work with and support managers to enable them to understand and manage their people management responsibilities
- Ensure completion of contractual documentation relating to appointments, variations of contracts, terminations
- Ensure accurate data is submitted to Payroll for processing
- Lead recruitment and selection activities and be responsible for the end-to- end recruitment process, provide advice on and manage recruitment and selection processes, including writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms, etc. and assist with the referencing and vetting of staff and applicants.
- Administer, monitor and maintain information using the HR Metrics/HRIS system, reporting people Data as and when required
- Contribute to policy review and development
- Ensure people data and information is communicated to employees as and when required
- Assist with training and development activities and deliver training as required
- Ensure a detailed and comprehensive filing system (electronic and manual) is maintained
- Support employee engagement activities and initiatives
- Contribute to health and wellbeing and employee benefits initiatives
- Deputise for the People Operations Lead as and when required
- Minimum CIPD Level 3 qualification, willing to work towards or equivalent experience
- Good general level of education.
- Knowledge of HRIS.
- Knowledge and understanding of current employment law and best practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of GDPR
- Previous generalist experience.
- Proven track record and experience of working within a busy people function.
- Experience of recruitment, selection, interviewing and conducting absence reviews, flexible working, maternity, paternity meetings.
- Experience of employee relations.
- Experience of working within an organisation where a variety of unions are recognised.
- Experience of delivering generalist advice to managers and employees.
- Experience of collating and analysing data to produce and present statistical reports.
- Experience of dealing with challenging situations.
- Evidence of constructive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across organisational boundaries.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary up to £34,500
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising after service)
- Pension 3% EE, 6% ER
- 3 x salary life cover
- Flexible working with parking on site
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation and see the full job description.