Senior AccountantPermanent | £45,000 per annum
If you are a qualified by experience or professionally qualified accountant with practice experience and looking to work for a business that offers a positive and inclusive culture, then this could be your next new role. This role offers the opportunity to join a talented team and it will give you the space to grow and the autonomy to get on with your day-to-day responsibilities.
We are delighted to be working with this reputable firm, based in Cardiff. We are searching for someone who cares greatly about delivering good customer service and who is committed to providing a supportive environment for clients and team members alike.
As the new senior member of the team, you will be part of an organisation that strives to grow its client base and service offering by adopting best practice in all that it does.
- Responsible for a diverse client portfolio, ensuring client satisfaction in understanding their financial performance
- Efficient and effective finance processes for your clients.
- Preparation of year end accounts, corporation tax, personal tax returns and management accounts.
- Review the work of accounts assistants and guide on best practice
- Mentor junior staff in their development to become more efficient and effective in their roles
- Provide business set-up services for clients including incorporations and HMRC registrations.
- Oversee and control a portfolio of clients to ensure compliance for tax and accounting purposes
- Provide value added business advice including ways to minimise tax liabilities and maximise profits.
- Provide technical support to the team as necessary.
The person specification
- Extensive accounting experience and ideally qualified ACCA/ACA
- At least 3 years working in an accountancy practice
- Ability to navigate Xero bookkeeping
- Effective communication skills with an exceptional eye for detail
- Enthusiastic team player
- Technically able
- Positive attitude showing initiate consistently
- Good working knowledge of MS 365
Salary and benefits
- Up to £45,000 pa depending on experience
- Bonus, up to 10% – depending on business performance
- 28days inclusive of bank holidays
- Working week – 35 hours
- Flexible working
- Company pension scheme
- 4-day week considered for the right person
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please attach your CV and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation or call Ita on 07484 520006.