Business Development ManagerPermanent | £60,000 per annum
Sitka is delighted to be supporting this growing, dynamic, world leading medical device business in helping them find their new Business Development Manager. The role will cover Wales and the Southwest.
If you are a natural people’s person and looking to work in a close-knit sales team as well as be close to business decision making, this could be your ideal next career move.
With their UK head office based in Cardiff this business’s customers are some of the world’s top medical institutions and they pride themselves in their innovative approach to technology. With the business now entering a new phase of growth they are keen to bring in a talented BDM, someone who will enable expansion and bring a self-driven attitude to the team.
You will be someone who thrives on achieving and exceeding targets in your defined geographical territory. You will be responsible for generating sales opportunities in your region, managing them through the sales pipeline and closing the sale.
The role will involve liaising with the application specialist team to arrange virtual demonstrations, working with the marketing team to generate campaigns and working with the product management team to collate customer feedback and discuss development of products.
- Demonstrate a range of products to potential customers in person across your region
- Attend exhibitions and courses to actively gather new leads and build relationships
- Be responsible for quoting, follow up correspondence email/phone, ensuring all activity is logged on the company CRM system, namely Salesforce
- Contact prospective customers via phone, email, or virtual meetings to identify sales opportunities
- Create prospecting lists from internet research
- Work closely with marketing team on demand generation campaigns
- Work with the applications specialist to arrange and deliver virtual demonstrations
- Work with the product management team to collate customer feedback and discuss development of products
- Assist existing UK customers with account management queries and pass them onto the correct department (e.g., support calls, training requests etc.)
- Responsible for full sales cycle from prospecting to closing the sale.
The person specification
- Previous territory sales experience, ideally in the medical device/medical product industry
- Naturally have the customer in mind in everything you do
- Demonstrable track record of achieving sales targets
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM or similar is essential
- Naturally self-motivated and driven by achieving set targets
- Ability to collaborate effectively with marketing, product, and tech teams
- Highly organised and effective at keeping admin up to date
- Desire to succeed and generate results
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- An active listener with first class customer services skills
- Enjoy presenting and demonstrating your products to the customer
- Ability to multi-task, plan, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Thrive when working under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Salary & benefits
- Competitive salary £45-60k basic with OTE of £90k
- Working from home with access to the head office in Cardiff
- Fully expensed company car
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme: 5% employer contribution, 5% employee contribution
- Death in service (4 x salary)
- Family health insurance (Vitality)
- Share options possible after 1 year of service
- Normal hours – 37.5 hours per week
- Flexible working
- Phone and laptop
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please attach your CV and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation or call Ita on 07484 520006.