HR ManagerPermanent | £38,640
Our client, a leading charity that has been established for over 30 years is recruiting an experienced HR Manager. They are seeking a talented HR professional to join the organisation’s management team in order to become an integral part of the charity. The role will incorporate both strategic and operational responsibilities for HR in addition to managing a team of four. The role presents a genuine opportunity to utilise HR talent in a much-needed welsh charity.
This is a rare opportunity to join an organisation that has an incredibly inclusive and positive culture and prides itself by uncompromisingly putting those they work with first. As the HR lead for the charity, the role will provide leadership for the HR and Reception/Admin team as well as working collaborate with all areas of the organisation. This role would suit someone who has already gained proven HR skills and is now seeking a role in which they can make a difference not just internally but to the success of the work carried out by this charity, one that literally changes people’s lives for the better.
- Ensure the work of the HR team enables the organisation to employ and retain committed and passionate colleagues who put values at the centre of their work.
- Provide advice, coaching and support to line managers on a range of HR related issues, including but not limited to: performance management, HR processes, motivating individuals and teams.
- Working with the senior management team, develop comprehensive strategies to manage talent and succession planning.
- To be proactive and take overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns – supporting line managers with accurate and timely advice and training.
- Oversee and monitor all colleague relations, including managing absence, disciplinaries, grievances and sickness.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are reviewed to timetable, are up to date and in line with current employment legislation and ensure line managers are up to date with any change in policy.
- Support the Senior Management Team in identifying, developing, managing and monitoring a total reward strategy for colleagues, including wellbeing support.
- Support senior leaders to manage complex HR matters including disciplinaries, grievances, TUPE and redundancy.
- Provide regular training to line managers to ensure they develop their own leadership skills and understand all tasks relating to People Management.
- Ensure alignment between the HR strategy and organisation’s Business Plan and participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Ensure all HR systems and procedures such as Cascade, paper files, ID badges, DBS applications and renewals, car insurance records, etc. are kept up to date and are accurate and any discrepancies are reported and remedied.
- Regularly audit HR files and procedures, in line with Internal Audit/Quality Assurance and act on any weaknesses.
- To oversee the operation of Reception at Head Office and to continually develop an innovative and high-quality service.
The person specification
- Minimum of five years’ HR experience or equivalent.
- Experience of leading teams and managing people.
- Experience of analyzing, interpreting and explaining the legal framework regulating employment.
- Experience of developing, implementing and reviewing policies and procedures.
- Experience in the delivery of training relating to HR
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and an approach based on the organisational values, including ensuring that your team embody this also.
- A high level of integrity and approachability, as managers and staff must feel able to discuss sensitive and confidential issues with you.
- IT literate with familiarity with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Experience of producing reports, forms and various other types of documents.
- The ability to compile and interpret statistical data and communicate it in a professional and understandable manner.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
Package and benefits
- Full time salary is up to £38,500 per annum DOE
- 25 days increasing annually by one day to 32 days
- Flexible working arrangement – 37 hours
- 8% pension (2% contributory) once Probationary Period successfully completed (6 months).
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV, salary details and a brief supporting statement outlining the reasons why you would like to be considered for the post and how you meet these requirements. Please email this to email@example.com reference HR_Manager_112. For an informal discussion, please call Karen Birch on 02920 484 520.