Management AccountantPermanent | £40,000
We are recruiting a talented and pro-active Management Accountant to work for a commercial client based on the outskirts of Cardiff. This newly created role offers the chance to develop business acumen due to the exposure to senior management in addition to working on business improvement projects.
This is an ideal role for someone who has proven experience in management accounts and wishes to develop their career and experience in a varied role. The job will involve the accurate and timely financial reporting to all elements of the business, ensuring effective budgetary control and optimising existing processes to maintain Balance Sheet integrity. This hands-on role will involve liaising with senior management, being proactive in optimising existing processes and delivering reliable and timely financial information. This role is supported by Sales & Purchase Ledger clerks who carry out the transactional duties, however this role involves overseeing the outputs.
- Production of accurate and well-presented management accounts, forecasts and variance analysis in line with defined timescales.
- Preparing and reconciling balance sheet control accounts.
- Assisting in the production of year-end statutory accounts.
- Review of daily KPI’s prior to circulation.
- Processing of journals including calculation of accruals and prepayments.
- Monitor and maintain the Fixed Asset register.
- Oversee the perpetual Stock Control process.
- Process Payroll and Pension payments ensuring accurate recording of transactions.
- Process quarterly VAT returns ensuring accurate submission to HMRC.
- Oversee Purchase and Sales Ledger ensuring timely close-down for monthly management accounts.
- Ensure Purchase and Sales Ledger queries are dealt with in timely and professional manner.
- Ad-hoc finance projects
The person specification
ACCA/CIMA/ACA finalist or newly qualified
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and providing accurate management information.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word.
- Prior experience of working in a busy finance department.
- Proven experience in developing new processes and procedures.
- Ability to communicate detailed and complex information effectively and professionally to a wide range of people.
- Ability to solve problems using initiative and creativity; identify and propose both practical and innovative solutions.
- Evidence of ability to undertake and deliver projects.
- Experience of Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll.
Salary & benefits
- Salary is £35,000 – 40,000 per annum
- Holidays are 22 days plus bank holidays (up to 27 days awarded for long service)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life insurance
Free car parking
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV, salary details and a brief supporting statement outlining the reasons why you would like to be considered for the post and how you meet these requirements. Please email this to email@example.com Reference Management_Accountant_114