Head of FinanceFixed Term | £65,000 per annum
We are delighted to be supporting this iconic Welsh Charity in helping them find an Interim Head of Finance for a 9-month period.
As the new Head of Finance, you will support the Executive Director in delivering strategic leadership and offer advice in all areas of financial planning and management across the organisation.
You will support the company’s mission and strategic objectives through effective management of finances and play a key role in supporting the wider senior management team. An important task will be to review the organisation’s strategic approach to finance, systems development, business analysis and management information.
- Support the Executive Director in delivering financial operations, providing strategic financial advice and expertise to the Senior Management Team, CEO and board.
- Participate in business planning to include the provision of three-year budgets, to support the organisations funding models and other financial modelling as required
- Review and identify any improvements required in the financial skills and awareness of all senior managers to achieve continuous
- Oversee and review the provision of monthly management accounts and annual income and expenditure budgets, improving their effectiveness as management tools.
- Ensure a commercial agenda thrives within the organisation through appropriate support and challenge
- Support the Executive Director by ensuring that an effective IT service is in place and fully functioning,
- Liaise, as required, with professional services including insurance, audit, and legal services.
- Review and develop strategies for discrete areas such as capital expenditure, property management and management of reserves, providing information and evaluation that enable the management and Board to assess proposals effectively.
- Monitor and review corporate and statutory reporting to ensure the timely compliance
- Ensure robust performance management strategies are in place for the finance department.
- Proactively engage with and support the implementation of the organisation’s diversity, equality and inclusion strategy
The person specification
- Qualified accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA is essential
- Significant experience at senior manager level within a customer driven environment
- Proven experience in direct management and supervision of a finance team
- Proven experience of budget preparation, setting and monitoring and financial forecasting
- Proven experience of preparing and presenting high-level financial and management accounts, reports and data
- Proven experience of being responsible for IT systems and/or IT contract management
- Experience of liaising with auditors, business advisers and board members with exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Proven ability to liaise with statutory agencies and stakeholders e.g. Charity Commission, HMRC
- Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, insightful, and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies and good working knowledge of current accounting software systems
- Knowledge of management systems for all accounting functions including purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll etc.
Salary & benefits
- Salary on offer is up to £65,000 pa
- This role is a 9 month contract
- Normal working hours are 35 per week
- Annual leave is 25 days per annum (19 for a 9 month contract)
- Pension scheme
- Flexible/hybrid working
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation