Account DirectorPermanent | Competitive package
We are delighted to be working exclusively with this inclusive, friendly, and reputable, Cardiff based communications agency in helping them find a confident and ambitious Account Director.
In this newly created role you will support the business in ensuring a consistent and high-quality service is provided to all clients. You will manage a portfolio across a wide range of industries, providing strategic insight and direction, which will in turn help the client meet their own business goals.
With a strong communications background you will be a highly creative, organised, and hardworking individual, demonstrating the ability to work well under pressure.
The working environment is superb, and they describe themselves as an inclusive and outward looking agency with a work hard ethic at their core. You’d be joining a vibrant and fun team and your ideas and flair for all things comms will be encouraged and welcomed.
You will be a friendly and confident individual who demonstrates empathy, passion, and positivity to both the team and clients you work with. You will possess strong leadership skills and have demonstrable experience in securing best in class media coverage for a range of B2B, consumer and public sector clients. Your knowledge of digital PR and integrated communications will be second-to-none and you will be hungry for opportunities to contribute to the agency’s continued growth.
- Set effective, integrated campaign strategies and work closely with the account team to ensure delivery
- Ensure all client campaign activity is delivered effectively on time, to budget and achieve the desired results.
- Mentor the Account Manager in running client meetings and provide support where necessary, taking the lead on client meetings for larger, key accounts as needed/appropriate.
- Confident in dealing with client and journalist queries
- Anticipate clients’ needs and develop effective and creative solutions to problems
- Review important client correspondence before it is issued, e.g., contracts, monthly reports, proposals etc.
- Possess strong data analysis skills and analyse data and research findings to recommend relevant comms angles
- Regularly identify best in class newsjacking and reactive PR opportunities to ensure top tier coverage for key clients
- Liaise with third parties/influencers/experts to support campaigns on larger accounts
- Accountable for ensuring that all relevant campaigns and activity are delivered on time and in line with client expectations
- Provide counsel on crisis or complex client issues that arise
- Drive creativity through the account team, pushing them to explore new tactics and defy limitations and boundaries
- Provide counsel on data driven campaigns in line with client KPIs, troubleshooting any data issues
- Responsible for ultimate sign-off on agency PR campaigns and for quality control
- Provide unrivalled inspiration for the creative execution on client campaigns and ensures the ideas fit the brief/client expectations and meet KPIs.
- Communicate effectively with several key individuals within each business and organise/prioritise
The person specification
- Strong communication experience gained across a variety of industries
- A degree in a related subject such as marketing/PR would be preferred
- Experienced of working within an agency setting is preferrable
- Driven with a passion for working within a diversity positive business
- Team management experience is preferable
- Excellent practical: knowledge and understanding of all elements of the marketing mix (paid, earned, shared, and owned) is essential
- Expereience of managing diverse comms plans is essential
- Excellent writer with exceptional attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Strong people skills, with the ability to communicate ideas and provide strategic advice to clients
- Proactive and positive attitude with the willingness to get stuck into a wide-ranging workload
Salary & benefits
- Salary is up to £45,000 pa, but it really depends on your experience and ambition to take on new responsibilities
- Hybrid working 3 days in the office, 2 from home or similar
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday!
The next step
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or hit the apply button and attach your CV.