Senior HR AdvisorPermanent | £35,000 per annum
Are you a HR Officer/Advisor looking for a great opportunity to join a successful business that is focused on growth by delivering a superb HR offering? If so, this could be the right next move for you.
This is a newly created role, aimed at strengthening the HR service – working alongside another senior HR Advisor – each having responsibility for HR operations for specific divisions in the business.
As Senior HR Advisor your role will involve developing close working relationships with the managers and employees, assisting and providing advice and support where required, with the aim of ensuring staff feel informed, engaged and developed. This is a “hands on” role, with an evolving HR function and as a result you will be actively involved in all aspects of the day-to-day HR function. This role will also include the opportunity to undertake projects which in turn will further enhance the HR offering to the business.
Reporting into an experienced and supportive Group HR Manager, this opportunity is ideal for someone who already has proven HR experience and is keen to play a key role in a growing and professionally run business, who understands that people and HR are pivotal in its continued success.
- You will manage all recruitment for the divisions in your remit including obtaining authorisation from senior managers/directors, creating/updating job descriptions and advertising the vacancies using the necessary channels. Managing applicants and arranging interviews, ensuring the candidate journey is positive to promote the employer brand.
- You will advise management and workforce on company policies and procedures, in line with employment law.
- You will be responsible for advising management in relation to employee relations cases including disciplinary, grievance and capability matters
- The role will involve taking ownership of ad-hoc improvement projects
- You will produce and analyse monthly HR metric reports for senior managers/directors
- You will be responsible for sourcing, arranging and recording employee training
- You will management absences including Bradford Factor monitoring and liaise with occupational health provider
- You will actively promote the employee benefit provision
- You will facilitate annual employee appraisal process
- You will support with annual engagement survey process including analysis of results, follow up focus groups, collaborating with management to deliver improvement items
- General admin: accountability for new starter and leaver procedures, organisational charts, changes to terms and conditions of employment etc
- Candidates studying towards their CIPD qualification would be of interest and study support will be considered, however hands on HR experience in a commercial environment is essential, together with a flexible approach.
- Experience of dealing with senior management and staff at all levels
- Experience of managing all processes in the recruitment life cycle in line with employment law.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- A positive attitude is a MUST – our client’s workforce is dedicated and loyal, and therefore it is vital that this is rewarded with a positive people plan that flows through the workforce.
Salary & benefits
- Starting salary is up to £38,000 per annum
- Hybrid working policy – 2 days from home
- Early finish & dress down Friday
- Non- contractual bonus at Xmas / financial year end
- 25 days A/L + your birthday off each year + 8 bank holidays (bookable in hours)
- Employer Pension contribution (5% ER and 3% min EE)
- Life insurance of 1 x salary
- Confidential Healthy Minds support line – BUPA
- Shopping discounts/gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Further training and development available.
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please apply with your CV to email@example.com to arrange a conversation. We have a full job description to share with candidates wishing to apply.