Head of People and LearningPermanent | £50,000 per annum
We are delighted to be working exclusively with our client in west Cardiff to find their new Head of People and Learning
Our client, a not for profit organisation, seeks a solution led HR professional with a passion for delivering an unrivalled and first-class HR service. The job will involve providing HR leadership, ensuring the delivery of an effective values led HR service. As a member of the organisation’s Business Planning Group, the Head of People and Learning will lead the operational HR and training functions of the organisation, ensuring the delivery of a customer-focussed, professional service to meet business plan, policy, and legislative requirements.
The ideal candidate is an innovative and values led HR professional with strong leadership skills. You will also have exceptional knowledge of employment law and its practical application, and someone who has designed and delivered a range of initiatives across L&D, wellbeing, reward & recognition and career development. The role will manage a small HR & Training team and report into an experienced and people focused Director of Operations.
- Lead and manage the HR and Training departments.
- Shape and implement effective strategies, policies and plans which result in the delivery of high-quality customer-focussed HR and training services.
- Implement a Human Resources Strategy to achieve an employee-orientated high-performance culture which emphasises values, quality, empowerment, person centredness and the recruitment, retention, and development of a highly skilled, competent, and supported workforce.
- Take a lead on all aspects of employee relations, staff recruitment and selection.
- Contribute to shaping a Total Reward Strategy and ensure that the organisations Reward and Recognition is fair and competitive.
- Take a lead in development and training across the organisation to ensure a well-trained, competent workforce with positive wellbeing.
- Be a proactive member of the Business Planning Group and build strong relationships across the organisation.
The person specification
- Professional CIPD Qualification
- Extensive experience of leading a HR function
- Proven experience of designing and implementing HR policies and procedures
- Experience of working with HR systems
- Experience of working collaboratively with Senior Management and Board
- Experience of managing a Learning and Development function
- Demonstrable experience of providing a customer-focussed service.
- Experience of designing and managing a suite of management information covering HR, Recruitment, Learning and Development – would be advantageous
- Experience of report writing for Senior Management and Board – would be advantageous
- Computer literate with a strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 and the Teams environment
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory legislation and compliance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR legislation and best practice.
- Demonstrable knowledge of leading & coaching a team to deliver excellence within the HR, Learning and Development field – would be advantageous
- Ability to prioritise workload of the teams effectively to meet deadlines and deal with the conflicting demands of a busy HR, Learning and Development function.
- Ability to provide comprehensive and accurate HR advice for internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Good judgement & decision-making skills
- Commitment to customer service and positively welcome opportunities to provide a good quality service
Salary & benefits
- Up to £50,000 pa depending on experience (possibly more for an outstanding candidate)
- Flexible/hybrid working policy
- Pension scheme
- Parking on site
The next steps
For an informal discussion, please contact Karen Birch of Sitka Recruitment by emailing email@example.com or call 07484 520007. Alternatively, please email Karen to request the full candidate brief quoting Sitka_344
Closing date for applications: 5pm Monday 10th October 2022.