Organisational Development ManagerPermanent | £45,000 per annum
We have partnered exclusively with a Bristol based client to find their Organisational Development Manager. This new role is integral in the new strategy, so we are looking for an inspiring, solutions focussed individual to join a talented HR Team.
As an organisation who are developing their team to create a people-centric approach, this role will involve working proactively and progressively with the HR Team and other leaders to ensure that all planned activities are designed to support and enhance the development of its people. With a diverse workforce operating across the Bristol area, this role would suit someone with proven skills in change management in a complex environment.
With an obvious passion for working with people, a natural curiosity for continuous improvement methods and excellent communication skills, the Organisational Development Lead is responsible for the consistent delivery of key performance indicators (KPI’s), and the overall performance of both the L&D team and Colleague Experience Lead. Working for a collaborative and driven Director of People with clear vision of success, this role offers the chance to be part of HR team which is focused on excellence.
- Advising on and contributing to the plans associated with organisational design, such as functionality of teams, working frameworks including benefits, terms and conditions of employment, job evaluation, pay analysis and benchmarking.
- Providing professional advice, guidance and recommendations on organisational change initiatives.
- Gathering and analysis of organisational diagnostics to understand skills, gap analysis, learning outcomes, ROI and other people factors which can affect the overall performance of the organisation.
- Carrying out annual pay reviews to determine gender pay gaps and providing achievable solutions to closing any gaps that may exist.
- Creating and supporting bespoke, cost-effective learning programmes to help maximise organisational strategies.
- Reviewing and advising on new learning methods, development initiatives and other potential cost-effective external contributors, which may benefit the organisation.
- Support and demonstrate leadership regarding cultural values within the organisation.
- Advising on work design choices and approaches, ensuring that advice is both current and meets the organisation’s needs.
- Leading on an organisation wide approach to talent management and succession planning, working closely with the Director of People to develop and implement appropriate systems to support the retention and development of people, and support the Colleague Experience Lead to deliver employee initiatives, which enhance overall employee engagement.
- Leading on the implementation of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusions (EDI) strategy, highlighting gaps in areas such as desired demographics and risks to succession planning.
- Reviewing and supporting areas such as apprenticeship programmes, student placement programmes and other sponsored learning to help support succession planning.
- Providing support with the design and delivery of OD, culture and EDI programmes.
- Collating and providing analysis of qualitative and quantitative feedback, to support ongoing improvement to service delivery and the overall colleague experience.
The Person Specification
- CIPD (Level 7) qualified in general HR practise or demonstrable equivalent HR experience at a senior level.
- Sound working knowledge of employment law, employee relations and HR best practice, with a thorough understanding of all requirements associated with managing change.
- Organised, with the ability to project manage complex change programmes.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of various learning methodologies, apprenticeship programmes, funding programmes, awarding bodies (such as IiP) and best practice.
- Demonstrable and wide-ranging experience in learning environments, with a proven background in delivering ROI and improving efficiency / organisational capability.
- Proven ability in managing diverse teams, budgets, resources and reporting P&L.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effecting development strategies.
- Proven ability to influence and drive the adoption of continuous improvement practices.
- Experienced and knowledgeable about working with Trade Unions.
- Proven Leadership skills likely to instill trust and inspire others to continuously improve performance and innovate.
- Enjoys working with and developing people.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
Salary and benefits
- Salary on offer c£45,000 pa depending on experience
- Hybrid working – approx 50/50 office and WFH with flexibility
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Occupational sickness and family-leave schemes.
- BUPA Wellbeing cash plan – claim money back on health expenses including dental. care, optical care, chiropody, chiropractic and more!
- Free on-site physiotherapy
- 24/7 independent mental health and wellbeing support.
- On-site financial advice from Citizen’s Advice.
- Training & Development opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free on-site parking at each office/site location.
The next step
To apply please submit your CV, salary details and a brief supporting statement outlining the reasons why you would like to be considered for the post and how you meet these requirements. Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org.