Commercial Finance AnalystPermanent | £55,000-£60,000 per annum
We are recruiting a talented and pro-active finance analyst to work for our client based in Blaenau Gwent.
You will be report into an experienced Head of Finance and be an indispensable right-hand person and trusted advisor. You will play a key role in supporting the business’s management team in enabling them to make informed decisions based on the clear and insightful data and information you provide.
This is an ideal role for someone with a proven ability to effectively analyse financial data and summarise underlying cost drivers to provide a clear and succinct interpretation to management teams. You will be someone who thrives on new challenges, who is keen to make a positive contribution and who enjoys working in a fast-paced, commercial environment.
- Providing profitability analysis for current & new tenders to customer. This involves analysis of product costings and associated overheads and working alongside the commercial team to recommend portfolio pricing
- Oversee product costings for the business ensuring the bills of materials are correct and appropriate labour cost routings are established across the portfolio
- Management of customer price files
- Undertake competitor analysis
- Provide monthly information of product groupings to the commercial team to analyse customer profitability and recommend ways of improving margins and profitability across the business
- Work with all departmental managers to control overheads
- Provide fully costed and validated annual budgets and forecasts. This includes all elements of the P&L and balance sheet
- Support long term strategic planning, providing analytics where appropriate and engaging with key stakeholders when required
- Work closely with managers to ensure reporting remains pertinent and information challenged/investigated where appropriate to provide meaningful analysis
The person specification
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA part or fully qualified or QBE
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Commercial mindset with a restless curiosity when interpreting numbers
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written with a strong emphasis on business partnering
- Prior experience of working in a busy finance department
- Ability to solve problems using initiative and creativity; identify and propose both practical and innovative solutions.
Salary & benefits
- Salary is £55,000 – 60,000 per annum
- Holidays are 23 days plus bank holidays (up to 25 days after 3 years)
- Healthcare scheme
- Workplace pension
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV, salary details and a brief supporting statement outlining the reasons why you would like to be considered for the post and how you meet these requirements. Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org reference Sitka_327