HR AdvisorPermanent | £26,330 per annum
Our client, a charitable organisation providing a range of community services across Blaenau Gwent requires a collaborative and customer focussed HR professional to join their team. As a new member of the central support team, you will be a key contact for all HR matters. This position is a hands-on role and would suit a HR generalist with a combination of good communication skills and an evident passion for human resources.
Reporting into the Senior HR Business Partner, you will be the first point of contact for all HR queries and provide general day-to-day support across the organisation in relation to a HR, training, employee benefits, recruitment and other employment administration.
The organisation benefits from an excellent flexible working policy, multiple office locations across Blaenau Gwent and home working for three to four days a week – with the added benefit of generous holidays and a flexi-time system.
- Be the first point of contact for all HR queries and provide advice on the organisation’s policies and procedures, escalating any queries as necessary
- Support the management of disciplinaries, appeals, grievances, sickness absence and employee relations ensuring legislation, policy and best practice are followed
- Champion recruitment across the organisation, from application to onboarding
- Maintain HR records and ensure changes are completed in line with payroll deadlines
- Liaise and work with the payroll department to manage the administration of payroll
- Provide support for absence management. Monitor attendance, carry out absence review and investigation meetings, highlight and escalate at relevant trigger points in accordance with policy.
- Arrange employment medicals
- Provide support in relation to the administration and processing of disclosure & barring applications for employees
- Experience of working in a HR Generalist role and possess practical experience of employment law and best practice.
- Experience of delivering training and coaching is an advantage
- Experience of recruitment processes
- CIPD level 3 as a minimum or equivalent and ideally working towards level 5
- Computer literate and have demonstrable experience of using Microsoft Office software and online HR systems.
- Demonstrable experience of building positive and strong working relationships, rapport with stakeholders of all levels (director/employee)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Salary & benefits
- Salary is up to £26,330 per annum
- 37-hour week with flexitime
- The organisation will consider study support for CIPD
- 25 days holiday + 10 bank holidays
- The organisation offers a hybrid working arrangement with only 1-2 days in the office required. The main office is in Tredegar, however there are 12 other locations across Blaenau Gwent which could be used.
The next step
To apply please submit your CV, salary details and a brief supporting statement outlining the reasons why you would like to be considered for the post and how you meet these requirements. Please email this to email@example.com reference Sitka_342