Senior Accounts AssistantPermanent | £30,000 per annum
Our client, a service-based organisation headquartered in east Cardiff is recruiting a senior accounting assistant to join its finance team.
Working for an established and successful business, this role will report into an experienced financial controller and take responsibility service charges and rent, from purchase ledger, recharges and sales ledger, for multiple accounts. This role would suit somebody who has great attention to detail with strong excel and analytical skills.
The role offers the opportunity to work in stunning offices, with plenty of parking, flexibility and hybrid working options. This role also comes with the chance to study AAT as our client is keen on staff development.
This role could also be offered on a part time basis therefore candidates looking between 35 and 25 hours a week are welcomed.
- Maintain the monthly rent/service charge journal and provide monthly/quarterly invoices to customers for a number of group-related organisations.
- Liaise with staff & tenants on all rent related queries.
- Liaise with relevant accounts & property staff, ensuring sales ledger receipts are promptly & correctly allocated. Assist with rent arrears as & when required.
- Using annual insurances apportionment between properties and void units from the Financial Controller, with support, prepare the annual insurance invoicing schedule and invoice the costs back out to tenants.
- Raise relevant quarterly/monthly Service Charge invoices to tenants to which a Service Charge applies for correct periods ensuring all new tenancies & ending tenancies are invoiced correctly. Ensure any void service charges are also accounted for correctly.
- Input all service charge invoices on Purchase Ledger ensuring only approved invoices are paid and queried invoices are maintained On Hold.
- Follow up queried invoices with the relevant supplier or team member.
- Ensure all service charges, recharges and any items found subsequently not to be service chargeable, are correctly coded.
- Update the Service Charge spreadsheet costs analysis quarterly.
- Agree service charge costs annually, meeting regularly with property staff and Director plus Financial Controller to agree costs and analyses and set the budget for the coming year.
- Create new year Service Charge budget and apportionment per property and send out to each service chargeable tenant annually.
- You should have had some experience in purchase, sales & nominal ledger.
- You should have analytical skills with great attention to detail, having the ability to spot discrepancies is a must.
- You will be confident in your use of Excel and be able to understand complex formulae. Experience of Sage 50 would be advantageous.
- You should have good communication skills and be confident in liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- You should be organised and methodical in your approach to work in order to manage a diverse account portfolio.
Salary & benefits
- Salary is £30,000 per annum
- Free & plentiful parking
- 35 hour week – full time OR 25/30 part time
- Hybrid working available
- Flexible working week
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please attach your CV and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance, a full job description and person specification is available.