Credit/AR ManagerFixed Term | £40,000 per annum
Are you a credit management professional looking for a great opportunity to join a successful business that is focused on using their expertise to deliver first class products? If so, this could be the right next move for you.
As Credit/AR Manager you will report into the UK Finance Manager and be responsible for ensuring the cash is received into the business accordingly and limiting exposure to possible bad debt. You will also manage the relationship between the AR team based in the shared service centre and sales/customer support functions.
This role would suit someone who has experience working within a shared service centre and is able to provide clear direction and leadership to team members to achieve company and personal goals. The role will be for a minimum of 6 months on a fixed term contract basis, with the possibility of extending/longer term. You would benefit from a generous benefit package whilst working for a profitable, growing business who value their people, resulting in a loyal and talented workforce.
- Ensuring trade and sundry receivables for all UK OPCOs are managed in accordance with agreed terms and conditions.
- Ensure each customer account has an agreed credit limits that reflects the risks as well as business potential of that customer. All new account requests actioned within 7 days.
- Ensure all credit limits are correctly reflected within SAP.
- Managing customers additional credit requirements of current customers as business grows.
- Preparation of aged debtors reports for UK Management team and system OPCO’s.
- Monthly reporting of all potential bad debts, risk accounts and other relevant issues.
- Review Bad Debt provision calculations by Shared Service Centre.
Managerial / Leadership
- Whilst the role does not have any direct reports the AR Manager needs to manage the Relationship/Service with the Shared Service Centre, and also requires a very close and flexible co-operation with Sales, Customer Support and Logistics.
- Managing the reputation of the department: ensuring that all work requests and deadlines are fully understood, agreed and met, reports issued are discussed with relevant managers.
- Delegation of work to other members of the Finance Team (i.e. not only direct reports) in consultation with other managers of the department.
- Advice and assistance to other members of the Finance Department.
- Leadership: being a role model within the Finance Dept., and getting involved in departmental events & briefings.
- Provide a strong commercial focus within the Finance Dept., identifying actions that deliver sustainable improvements to profitability.
The person specification
- You should have experience of working with Shared Service Centre’s
- Experience of working with SAP would be an advantage for this role
- You will have strong Excel skills
- Your experience will include working closely with other departments outside Finance.
- You will be confident in giving clear direction to others as to what is expected of them in a way that leads to optimal results
- You possess excellent planning & organisational skills to manage your own work effectively
- You should have proven experience in pro-actively working with customers (internal and external) to identify their needs & comes up with suitable proposals
- You should have well developed people skills in order to gain in depth insights into other people and adjust your behavioural style in order to achieve goals
Salary & benefits
- Salary is c£40,000 pa with benefits (possibly more for an outstanding candidate)
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance (3x annual salary)
- Cycle to Work
- 5%/5% pension – then match up to 10% after 5 years service
- Early finish on a Friday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Reward scheme (discounts and rewards from hundreds of high street retailers, restaurants, gyms and destinations)
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation.