HR AdvisorPermanent | £32,000 per annum
We have a new opportunity for an aspiring HR professional to join an established business in Llantrisant as their new HR Advisor. As the sole HR representative on site, you will work in a small and loyal business support team, leading the day to day running of HR and supporting staff and managers with general enquiries, employee relations case management, absence management, payroll and HR administration.
The business is keen to meet candidates who have some generalist HR experience with ER knowledge and those seeking a standalone role. As the business forms part of a group of companies, there are also HR colleagues responsible for other sites which form part of a UK network.
If you are keen to contribute to the continued success of the business by delivering a robust HR offering and enjoy working in a busy and rewarding role, we would love to hear from you.
- Controlling the monthly payroll administration, demonstrating high levels of accuracy within appropriate timescales, partnering with the offsite payroll team to ensure they have everything they need to run an error-free payroll; this involves administrating overtime hours; absence adjustments; new starter and leaver adjustments; along with pay and benefit changes.
- Time and attendance administration, including issuing site access fobs, clearing exceptions, booking holidays and running reports, using the Crown system.
- Coaching line managers and providing support enabling them to manage their own HR processes including disciplinary, grievances, performance management and absence management.
- Coordinating all employee relation cases within the business in line with internal policies and employment law. Including taking minutes, issuing invitation/outcome letters and compiling evidence packs.
- Utilising and maintaining full knowledge and understanding of site and company policies, procedures and processes in order to provide accurate and timely advice and guidance to the management team.
- Actively supporting and driving HR related projects in collaboration with the senior management team.
- Support recruitment activities, from composing and posting job adverts both internally and externally, to arranging interviews and liaising with the recruitment agencies.
- Responsible for the effective and accurate HR administration, including drafting, updating and issuance of contracts/offers of employment and maintenance of both physical HR records and the electronic HR database.
- To carry out inductions as required and ensure health and safety induction takes place for all new starters.
- To arrange appointments with occupational health for all new employees and individual absence case management.
The person specification
- Proven HR generalist experience within a similar role is essential
- Good organisational and communication skills are required together with knowledge of UK employment legislation and its application.
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers on a variety of HR issues
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy
- Confident in challenging existing practices and looking for continuous improvement in all areas of work
Salary & benefits
- Salary is up to £32,000
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Long service awards
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Corporate discounted gym membership
- Free fruit deliveries
- Annual performance bonus based on company and site performance objectives
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please attach your CV and send it to email@example.com to arrange a conversation or call Karen on 07484 520007, or hit the reply button and attach your CV.