Assistant AccountantFixed Term | £25,000 per annum
We are delighted to be recruiting an Assistant Accountant to provide remote finance support to a charitable organisation who operate in Wales. This role offers the opportunity for a pro-active individual to work in a finance team who pride themselves on the quality of their work, with a key focus on service delivery.
You will work in a small team of dedicated individuals and report into a supportive Finance Manager. This is an ideal role for someone with experience in an accountancy support role and is a great opportunity to join an organisation that offers 100% home working arrangements and promotes work/life balance. This role is being offered initially on a fixed term basis, until 31st December 2022. The working hours are 35 hours per week – there is flexibility as how these are worked.
- Assisting the organisation in preparing departmental management accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Preparing charitable claims, plus coding and reconciling on a quarterly basis
- Publish monthly departmental accounts and support any variance queries
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and report to managers on any adverse transactions
- Review sales and purchase ledger control accounts on a regular basis and recommend amendments to managers
- Ensuring accurate coding of invoices for all departments and check payment runs in line with supplier terms
- Prepare the trading VAT returns for manager’s review
- Spot check monthly expenses in line with travel policy and process for payment and report on any anomalies to appropriate manager
- Assist lead with the administration of annual budgets
- Payroll processes including year-end HMRC procedures, pension payments and liaising directly with the HR team.
The person specification
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- Experienced in preparing balance sheet reconciliations for management accounts and undertaking variance analyses.
- Excellent attention to detail and be able to work to a high degree of accuracy.
- Work on own initiative in order to prioritise work to meet finance deadlines, independently and be happy to work as part of a team
- Demonstrate well developed relational and communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Have strong Microsoft Excel skills
- The ability to speak and write Welsh is desirable (not essential).
Salary & benefits
- Salary is £25,000 per annum
- 35 hours per week
- 100% home working plus flexible working available
- Annual leave (40 days per annum based on a 5-day working week)
- Learning & development provision
- 7% employer pension
- Private healthcare
- Generous company sick pay
- Enhanced family leave
The Next Step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please attach your CV and send it to email@example.com to arrange a conversation and obtain an application form