HR OfficerTemporary | £25,723 per annum
This well respected, public sector organisation based in Cardiff requires an HR/Payroll Officer to work remotely and flexibly on a temporary basis. The duration of this role is initially until Christmas 2021, with the possibility for extension.
This 100% home-based role offers the opportunity to work as part of an established and experienced HR team. You will provide support in areas including: recruitment, learning and development, workforce planning, policy review and casework, plus transactional HR operations and all other areas of HR and Payroll administration.
The successful candidate will have proven experience of supporting a busy HR department with all areas of HR administration. This role gives the opportunity to work for an organisation that offers home-working combined with a professional, team orientated environment.
- Provide confidential and comprehensive support to the team.
- Ensure that all matters of employee administration e.g. staff changes, leavers, requests for special leave are dealt with in accordance with agreed policies and to the required deadlines.
- Provide information and data extracted from the HR systems to senior team members.
- Be the first line of contact in sickness absence management for staff.
- Have a key role in administering the HR & payroll systems.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to employees and managers on a range of HR issues, such as sickness absence, underperformance, discipline, grievance, dignity at work etc and take a hands-on role in dealing with case work.
- Use document management and HR systems ensure staff information is accurate, up-to-date and recorded in line with GDPR and retention policies.
- Support the team in the development and delivery of learning sessions and activities to support and raise colleague’s knowledge and understanding of HR policies.
- Supporting managers on a variety operations and employee relations work.
The person specification
- Previous experience of HR administration
- Experience of using HR systems, including payroll
- Organised and experience of prioritising workloads
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Studying towards CIPD qualification (desirable)
Salary & benefits
- £25,723 per annum (hourly paid)
- 35 hour week
- 100% home based working
- Flexible working available
***This is a temporary role***
The next step
To apply please submit your CV today.