Senior HR OfficerPermanent | £30,000 per annum
Are you a HR Officer/Advisor looking for a great opportunity to join a successful business that is focused on growth by delivering a superb HR offering? If so, this could be the right next move for you.
As Senior HR Officer your role will involve developing close working relationships with the managers and employees, assisting and providing advice, support and administration where required, with the aim of ensuring staff feel informed, engaged and developed. This is a "hands on” role, with an evolving HR function, as a result you will be actively involved in all aspects of the day-to-day HR function.
Reporting into an experienced and supportive Group HR Manager, this opportunity is ideal for someone who already has proven HR experience and is keen to play a key role in a growing and professionally run business, who understand that people and HR are pivotal in its continued success.
- You will manage all recruitment for the company including obtaining authorisation from Senior Managers/Directors, creating/updating job descriptions and advertising the vacancies using the necessary channels. Managing applicants and arranging interviews, ensuring the candidate journey is positive to promote the employer brand.
- You will have overall accountability for arranging, supporting, documenting and filing the documentation of monthly review meetings between employee and manager.
- The role will involve regular communication with managers and employees to ensure records are kept up to date, which in turn aids accurate reporting to senior management and payroll.
- As Senior HR Officer, you will be responsible and accountable for ensuring that the company’s operational compliance training is sourced and booked, including additional needs as identified in employee development plans.
- You will produce and distribute monthly spreadsheets regarding sickness absence for Health & Safety Managers, update the Occupational Health tracking spreadsheet and work closely with the Operations & Compliance Manager to collate and audit documentation relating to training for employees.
- You will be responsible for the full sickness and absence process, procedures, documents, filing and reporting for the business.
- Your role will involve providing managers and employees with information on employment law and Company policies and procedures. You will advise managers in ER matters. Attend disciplinary, capability and investigatory meetings, taking accurate minutes, ensuring that the correct procedures and communication have taken place.
- The role will also involve carrying out adhoc duties including administration and reporting to support managers and in turn aid the running of an effective HR operation.
The person specification
- Candidates studying towards their CIPD qualification would be of interest and study support will be considered, however hands on HR experience in a commercial environment is essential, together with a flexible approach.
- Experience of dealing with senior management and staff at all levels
- Experience of managing all processes in the recruitment life cycle in line with employment law.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- A positive attitude is a MUST – our client’s workforce is dedicated and loyal, and therefore it is vital that this is rewarded with a positive people plan that flows through the workforce.
Salary & benefits
- Starting salary is up to £30,000 per annum
- 20 days A/L + your birthday off each year + 8 bank holidays
- Rising to 25 after 5 years’ service + your birthday off each year + 8 bank holidays
- Employer Pension contribution
- Life insurance of 1x salary
- Confidential Healthy Minds support line – BUPA
- Dress down Friday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Further Training and development available.
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please apply with your CV to email@example.com to arrange a conversation. We have a full job description to share with candidates wishing to apply