Assistant AccountantPermanent | £30,000
We are recruiting a part qualified accountant to work in a head office finance operation in Cardiff. Reporting into a Group Finance Director of this diverse portfolio of businesses, you will be proactive in providing financial support and insightful information to senior stakeholders in the business. This role will offer the chance to work in a busy and challenging environment and branch out and work with finance teams across the business.
Working in a team of experienced individuals, this is an ideal role for someone who has some proven experience in an accounting role and wants to work in a business that values its people and supports their career goals.
- Support all aspects of the accounting cycle including month end, year-end, financial statements and annual audit for the group
- Internal audit testing and reporting across the group.
- Liaise with group companies to produce summary financial information in flash report format to present on a monthly and adhoc basis to the non-executives of the business.
- Assist in the preparation of financial analytical reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested to present to senior management and the board.
- Assist the group’s finance departments by analysing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends and recommending actions in a supporting role to the non-executives.
- Work closely with non-finance managers across the business to ensure sound decision making
- Assist with company secretarial duties.
- Carry out financial administration as required – for example, arranging funding for various related businesses.
- Investigate and report to management on any inconsistencies or improprieties in the financial information provided by other parts of the business.
- Assist in providing analytical support and management information to various business units
- Other adhoc project work to support the various companies and non-executives from a financial perspective
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
The person specification
- Part qualified/AAT qualified accountant
- Demonstrate high attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to multi task and re-prioritise tasks throughout the day, effectively managing conflicting priorities
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with key stakeholders across the business
- Team player who demonstrates initiative
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to work
- Strong Excel skills.
Package and benefits
- Salary is £30 – 35,000 depending on skills and experience
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays (increase to 33 by 5 years’ service)
- Company pension
- Free parking
How to apply
Please click on apply to send in your CV in the first instance and one of the team will be in touch and provide job full details. For an informal discussion about the role please call Karen Birch on 07484 520007.