Finance OfficerPermanent | £30,000 per annum
Our client is a high profile and progressive education establishment who requires a capable and diligent finance officer to join their team in west Cardiff. As an experienced and professional individual you will be responsible for managing the financial administration and associated reporting requirements of three multi-million pound projects.
The role would suit someone who has worked in a similar environment dealing with government funded projects, equally somebody who has a strong financial background in a commercial setting will be able to transfer their skills into this environment with support of the operations manager. This is a chance to work in a busy and rewarding role, supporting the delivery of large projects across the UK. Candidates who are studying for professional accountancy qualifications are also invited to apply as study support will be considered.
Full time, part time and flexible working patterns will be considered i.e. a working week of between 25 and 25 hours a week – over 3, 4 or 5 days.
- Financial administration and budget management support
- Processing supplier transactions, ensuring all invoices and expense claims are authorised and coded accurately, while maintaining internal appropriate records.
- Processing petty cash, including cash counts and data entry.
- Management and upkeep of purchase order and invoice reconciliation systems
- Monitoring and monthly reconciliation of monthly and year-end management accounts from head office finance department, to include variance analysis and forecasting and ensure local records correlate with central finance accounts, with timely identification and resolution of any errors or discrepancies.
- Liaising with Operations Manager and group finance team on procurement and financial compliance as required.
- Support business planning and budgeting across all programmes, ensuring effective reporting to the senior management team.
- Preparation of detailed annual financial forecasts across all cost centres.
- Development and management of financial and reporting systems to support programme delivery as required.
The Person Specification
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent
- Good numeracy and IT skills, specifically with the Microsoft Office programs Excel, Word, Teams and PowerPoint
- Experience of working with budgets, in particular analysing and communicating the potential budgetary impact of expenditure choices
- Ability to manage and track a diverse workflow effectively, with rational prioritisation of tasks and reliable on-time completion of key mission-critical tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear written and oral communications skills, including excellent presentation skills
- Ability to present complex numerical data simply, identifying key issues for information/discussion
- Ability to work effectively in a small team using tact and influencing skills.
- Proven ability as a credible communicator to a range of audiences.
Salary & Benefits
- The salary offered is up to £30,000 – FTE
- NB: this role could be offered on a full or part time (25-35 hours per week) basis and there is flexibility as to how these are worked.
- Generous pension scheme
- Agile working – 50% office and 50% home working
- 27 days annual leave plus 4 discretionary days plus bank holidays
- Study support to continue with a professional accountancy qualification can be offered.
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest please attach your CV and a brief covering note.