HR Business PartnerPermanent | £35,000 per annum
Our client, based in Bridgend and who are unique in their field is recruiting a HR business partner to join this growing operation. The business is focussed on the provision of professional and supportive care to families when it matters most. The organisation has recently built solid foundations following a rebranding and is now seeking an inclusive and resourceful HR professional. The HR business partner will play an important role in the future growth and staff development in this organisation as it seeks to widen its services across south Wales in the future.
This organisation is part of a group of businesses, which hosts a central business, acting as additional HR support when needed – therefore, this role has the opportunity to be involved in wider HR projects.
The HR Business Partner will take the lead on all HR related matters, working with the staff and management team in harmony to develop and maintain robust practices and employee engagement. The role is hands on and will involve providing operational HR as well as supporting the business strategy. The role would suit a HR professional who is motivated by supporting a business at all levels during its early stages and developing a HR function which is robust and future proofed. This is rare opportunity to join a small business in its infancy and contribute to its incredible work, whilst being part of wider group operation.
- In conjunction with the senior management team, contribute to the development of the service’s business plan.
- Liaise with group HR and directors, in relation to strategic HR planning, legislation, senior recruitment and employment termination.
- Drive the HR business strategy and objectives to support the attainment of the overall strategic business plan.
- Provide strong operational, quality, project and strategic support to the directors and management team.
- Provide professional advice and support to directors and managers on all aspects of relationship management and employment legislation.
- Ensure focus on employee learning and development through appraisal, coaching and training programmes to support business aims.
- Proactively support change management through restructuring, redundancy programmes, recruitment initiatives, cultural influence etc.
- Support the service to attract, recruit, develop and retain high quality staff who are safe and effective in their roles to support and safeguard families.
- Ensure full compliance with regulations for the recruitment, development and supervision of staff
- Contribute to the wider group HR team by ensuring agreed group HR initiatives and changes are implemented within the businesses own context, as agreed with the directors.
- Proactively review organisation structures and recommend change, ensuring headcount requirements are to budget and in line with company aims.
- Management of recruitment programmes; including recruitment and new start administration.
- Ensure, with Centre Manager, effective new employee induction and probationary term management.
- In conjunction with directors and Group HR Director, ensure pay structures are consistent and in line with job responsibilities and external competition.
The person specification
- You will be a confident and collaborative HR professional. Experience in the service sector would be helpful but not essential.
- You must be used to working in a hands-on role with the flexibility also to contribute strategically.
- You will have the ability to engage at all levels within the business as well as proven relationship management skills.
- You will have a good understanding of general employment legislation.
- You will have sound, generalist HR experience.
- You will possess strong communication skills – both written and oral.
Salary & Benefits
- The salary for this role is circa up to £35,000 and there may be flexibility for an outstanding candidate.
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV, salary details and a brief supporting statement outlining the reasons why you would like to be considered for the post and how you meet these requirements.