Head of FinancePermanent | £38,000 per annum
Our client, a leading charity that has been established for over 30 years is recruiting an experienced Head of Finance. They are seeking a talented finance professional to join the organisation’s management team in order provide strategic and operational support. The role will report into a Finance Director and have line management responsibilities for a small finance team.
The role presents a superb opportunity to use your finance talent within an amazing Welsh charity. This is a rare opportunity to join an organisation that has an incredibly inclusive and positive culture and prides itself by uncompromisingly putting those they work with first.
This role would suit someone who has already gained proven financial management skills and who is seeking a new challenge where they can make a difference, and contribute to the success of the work carried out by this charity, one that literally changes people’s lives for the better.
- Provide leadership on the strategic direction of finance.
- Supervision of finance team, ensuring support and regular communication and ensure controls and processes are in place and adhered to.
- Lead on finance quality assurance.
- Ensure monthly reporting to SMT through management accounts, rent reports and other such reports as may be necessary.
- Ensure monthly payroll is processed in line with notifications from HR with timely HMRC and pension payments.
- Review European funding claims ensuring any expenditure claimed is allowable under programme rules.
- Ensure all authorised spending is strictly within budget parameters and budgetary controls are in place and maintained.
- Analyse cost centre reports and take appropriate action to address any overspends.
- Ensure budget and rent setting process is completed annually, engaging with budget holders for their requirements.
- Prepare quarterly reports to the board of trustees on the financial position of the organisation.
- Lead contact with suppliers of strategic importance.
The person specification
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or qualified by experience accountant
- Experience of or a desire to lead and develop a small finance team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to liaise effectively and confidently across all departments and with various levels of management
Salary & benefits
- Salary is £38,000 pa
- 37 hours per week, 9am-5pm, with an early finish of 4:30pm on a Friday. (with some flexibility)
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Mainly office based in Cardiff with some flexibility to WFH
- Fixed Term Role: This is a temporary role for 6 months with the potential for permanent
The Next Step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please attach your CV and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation or call Ita on 07484 520006, or hit the reply button and attach your CV.