Group HR ManagerPermanent | £45,000 per annum
Are you a HR professional looking for a great opportunity to join a successful business that is focused on growth by creating an exceptional people and commercial strategy? If so, this could be the right next move for you.
As HR Manager your core responsibility will be to provide HR leadership across a group of businesses located in South Wales and across the UK. You will provide business partnering to senior staff across business operations with the aim of building a cohesive and consistent approach to people management, development, and recognition. Demonstrating your influencing skills, you will support senior leaders from a HR perspective. This is a "hands on” role, with an evolving HR function, so you will be actively involved in all aspects of the day-to-day HR function.
Reporting into the Group FD, you will be the lead HR person on site and will actively contribute to the strategic direction of the department. You will have an experienced HR Officer to line manager and mentor, with the potential to add into the team further as the role grows.
This opportunity is ideal for a talented HR Manager with proven leadership skills looking to gain experience in a group operation.
- Make an impact in key areas such as change management, organisational design, employee engagement and talent analytics.
- Provide strategic and day-to-day leadership to drive the delivery of the business’ HR plans.
- Provide advice on all aspects of company policy, best practice, employee relations and employment law.
- Support, coach and develop the company HR Officer.
- Manage all recruitment, on-boarding, and talent acquisition campaigns for the company.
- Ensure that all training plans are developed and are kept up to date for audit and budget monitoring purposes.
- Be the main point of contact for third-party relationships for the group; such as occupational health, pensions, and the employee assistance program.
- Responsible for the development, collating and reporting of key quality and business metrics related to HR and use such metrics to drive a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Control and be responsible for the group HR budget.
- Take responsibility for employee relations, management of all grievance and disciplinary issues. Support and advise management on these issues and support within meetings to ensure that policies and procedures are followed.
- Act as the Data Protection Officer for the group, acting as the point of contact relating to compliance, supervisory authorities (ICO), and data subjects, and advise on compliance with GDPR and local data protection laws.
The person specification
- CIPD qualified with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar HR Management role in a commercial environment.
- Experienced HR professional with proven success in delivering successful HR strategies that support commercial decisions and business growth.
- Positive attitude is a MUST – our client’s workforce is dedicated and loyal, and therefore it is vital that this is rewarded with a positive people plan that flows through the workforce.
- Experience of dealing with a leadership team and presenting HR analytics to key stakeholders is essential.
Salary & benefits
- Salary is c£45,000 pa with benefits (possibly more for an outstanding candidate)
- Private healthcare and DIS
- Travel insurance for employee and spouse
- 7% company pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) & birthday holiday off each year
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please apply with your CV to email@example.com to arrange a conversation.