Interim HR ManagerFixed Term | £40,000 per annum
We are recruiting an interim HR Manager to join a fast growth business to cover a maternity leave for approximately 8 months. Based in Newport this international business needs a HR professional who has previously worked in a standalone HR role providing generalist support.
The business is open to speaking to candidates seeking work on a full or part time basis, what is important is for them to have a HR professional who is as passionate about wellbeing and the employee experience as they are. Whilst having worked as a HR Manager previously would be advantageous – this is a superb opportunity for an experienced senior advisor/business partner who is keen to take the HR lead in a business.
If you are keen to contribute to the continued success by delivering a great HR offering and enjoy working in a warm and vibrant culture, we would be really interested in hearing from you.
- Lead and manage all employee relations issues including performance management, disciplinaries, grievance hearings, sickness absence, redundancy etc.
- Manage the recruitment process from start to finish –including drafting job descriptions, preparing interview questions, liaising with recruitment agencies and preparing the offer documentation and contract of employment.
- Advise line managers on terms and conditions of employment and share knowledge and best practice across both UK and Dutch businesses.
- Manage all aspects of HR and payroll administration for the UK and Dutch businesses including sickness absence, holiday entitlement, pension and benefits.
- Provide advice on existing benefits to employees and managers.
- Manage the onboarding process from start to finish, this includes holding new starter induction sessions.
- Continuously assess and develop initiatives to improve employee engagement and health and wellbeing.
- Maintain current HR and H&S policies to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Support Managers through all aspects of the annual employee performance review period
- Ensure the execution of the learning and development plans for the year in line with the wider HR strategy.
- Manager ad hoc HR projects as required.
The person specification
- Proven HR generalist experience within a similar role is essential
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills is required together with solid knowledge of UK employment legislation and its application.
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers on a variety of HR issues
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy
- Proactive, with the ability to generate ideas and think creatively with a solution-oriented approach
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder & relationship management skills
Salary & benefits
- Salary is £35,000 – £40,000 – depending on the experience
- Warm and friendly culture
- Home working up to 3 days a week (post Covid)
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell more)
- Incentive bonus scheme based on performance.
- Company pension scheme – 5% employee and employer contributions
- Private medical healthcare
- Group life insurance (x4 basic annual salary)
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Occupational Sick Pay
- Enhanced maternity & paternity Benefits
- Comprehensive performance and development framework
- Social events committee
- ‘Refer a friend’ bonus scheme (£1000 per referral)
- Long service awards
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please attach your CV and send it to email@example.com to arrange a conversation or call Karen on 07484 520007, or hit the reply button and attach your CV