Wellbeing AdvisorFixed Term | £34,000 per annum
Our client, a large not-for-profit organisation requires a collaborative and customer focussed HR professional to join their team for at least 10 months on a fixed term basis. You will work in a dedicated HR team, who together supporting approx. 1000 staff over numerous sites near Swansea’s southern peninsula, the role will have particular emphasis on their Wellbeing.
As an organisation who is passionate about the wellbeing of its staff, you will support the development, implementation and monitoring of its Wellbeing initiatives, which aims to address root causes of workplace stress, increase support services and improve awareness, attitudes and practices across the organisation.
This position would suit a CIPD qualified HR generalist with a combination of strong communication skills with an evident passion for Wellbeing. Reporting into the HR Manager, the Wellbeing Advisor will work closely with Senior HR advisors and individual staff across the organisation.
- Meet with individual staff members who are absent from work or at risk of being absent to discuss health issues and formulate action plans to improve their wellbeing. Developing and implementing a range of suitable directive and non-directive coaching interventions to those individuals to address their health and wellbeing needs.
- Assist Line Managers in reducing short and long term absence through early intervention and appropriate signposting to Wellbeing support in accordance with the College absence procedures.
- Provide a professional advisory service to managers on a range of issues which effect employee wellbeing, including the application of HR policies, procedures and practices.
- Work with manager’s to identify health issues and trends within their departments and provide a tailored wellbeing approach to support and improve these.
- Be an active participant in the Employee Health Group. Being aware of best practice and proposing innovative wellbeing ideas to the group.
- Monitor the effectiveness of Wellbeing initiatives, using HR reports and other available data.
- Be fully aware of the range of wellbeing support available to staff and signpost staff in need of support appropriately, ensuring services such as the EAP are fully utilised and accessed at the earliest opportunity.
- Contribute to an annual programme of wellbeing related activities and campaigns e.g. general health campaigns, work/social balance, mental and physical wellbeing.
- To participate in the development and delivery of training to managers on wellbeing initiatives and related policies.
- Will have experience of working in a HR Generalist role and possess practical experience or knowledge of Wellbeing best practice.
- Will ideally be CIPD qualified.
- Will be computer literate and have demonstrable experience of using Microsoft Office software and online HR systems.
- Will have demonstrable experience of building positive and strong working relationships, rapport with stakeholders of all levels (Director/Employee)
- Will have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Salary & Benefits
- Salary is up to £34,000 per annum
- Flexible working
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- 33 days holiday + 8 Bank holidays
- The role is initially working from home, however there is the hope that the role will be offer a mix of home and office based during the contract term.
The Next Step
To apply please submit your CV, salary details and a brief supporting statement outlining the reasons why you would like to be considered for the post and how you meet these requirements. Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org reference Wellbeing Advisor_239