Finance AnalystPermanent | £50,000 per annum
We are delighted to be working with this global manufacturing business based on the outskirts of Cardiff in helping them find an experienced commercial finance analyst. As a business they are people centric and believe that everyone works to a common goal and purpose. This is an opportunity to join a forward thinking, dynamic and exciting business.
Reporting into the US the core purpose of this role is to provide meaningful weekly, monthly, and quarterly information through in-depth analysis which will enable the team to hit cost and profitability targets. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing data reports; quarterly and annually, which will result and feed into business plans. This will include bottom-up analysis of spend on materials, the development of financial models, and ad hoc analysis in line with procurement, sourcing, site operations finance, and the finance leadership team.
In this key finance role within the business, you will work in partnership with the wider finance team and in turn will demonstrate the ability to work successfully in a complex, matrixed business.
- Examine and analyse financial drivers behind raw materials and suppliers to help support drivers of cost reduction, scale, productivity, efficiency, and overall performance of the business
- Build financial models to assist in business decision making
- Proactively work with key decision makers across the business by providing analysis of product strategy management, vendor negotiation plans, internal dashboards and operational process creation
- Assist with the annual operating plan process, ensuring that plans are aligned with management expectations and captured accurately in the business financial reporting system
- Project work to include areas such as AP performance analysis, reconciliations and data manipulation
The person specification
- Ideally hold a degree in business, economics, maths or similar
- At least 6 years’ experience of working within an analytical finance role
- Extensive data manipulation skills
- Supply chain knowledge would be advantageous
- Manufacturing or similar industry essential
- Proven analytical skills and proficient computer skills, especially with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Database and Business Objects experience a plus
Salary and benefits
- Salary is £45-50,000 depending on experience
- Annual leave is 25 days plus bank holidays
- Private health
- A level of flexibility for the right individual
The next step
To apply please submit your CV in the first instance to Ita McNeil-Jones by emailing email@example.com. Alternatively, please email Ita to arrange a time to discuss the role, quoting Sitka_FA_208.