Health & Safety ManagerPermanent | Competitive package
Our client, a prestige dealership group is recruiting a Health & Safety Executive to manage the function. The business has been established for over 35 years and supplies to businesses across south Wales and the south West. The business is seeking an experienced and diligent Heath & Safety professional to play a key role in the continued success of this business and maintain their enviable reputation for quality of service. The job is based in Cardiff and vehicles are available for travel to other sites.
The role will involve the design, delivery and maintenance of a Health & Safety change programme to embed and drive a positive safety culture across the business. This will involve ensuring the delivery of Health & Safety management action plans and operational programmes and working with the HR Manager to successfully develop an appropriate supporting workplace wellbeing programme.
The role would suit a confident and collaborative Health & Safety professional who has gained exposure in the strategic operations of a business. You should be a strong communicator and flexible in your approach to implement best practice throughout and ensure compliance with all legislation.
- Responsibility for providing occupational health and safety professional leadership to all levels of staff across the business.
- Initiate and oversee a Health and Safety leadership change programme across the business with the support of all staff.
- Set direction for effective Health & Safety management and appropriate workplace wellbeing programmes for all staff.
- Review and develop all aspects of the business’s Health, Safety and Wellbeing policies and activities, ensuring that it is implemented consistently across the business.
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health & Safety legislation and ensure that the business has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance and other requirements.
- Work proactively with management and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of Health, Safety and Wellbeing in their areas of responsibility.
- Work closely with management and other key staff to ensure compliance requirements are being controlled, documented and maintained in accordance with regulations and guidelines.
- Liaise with HR on Health and Wellbeing issues, particularly where a risk assessment has identified a need.
- Support management in carrying out individual risk assessments and identifying actions plans for their areas of responsibility.
- Oversee and undertake audits where appropriate and ensure an action plan with realistic objectives is established to address issues identified.
- Identify, provide and/or procure an affective Health & Safety related training regime, starting from induction of new employees.
- Coach the management team, enabling them to support the delivery of the change programme including equipping them with the necessary knowledge and skills to manage and maintain the safety management system.
- Provide support to associated business by sharing best practice and as and when skills / knowledge are called upon.
The person specification
- You will possess comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of Health, Safety and Risk Management.
- You will have comprehensive knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation, management and standards.
- A NEBOSH qualification is preferable.
- You should have the ability to interpret and provide authoritative advice on Health & Safety, and Risk Management issues.
- You will have knowledge of workplace wellbeing initiatives and how they add value to an organisation.
- You will have gained experience in training, coaching and mentoring to develop Health & Safety knowledge and expertise.
- You will have the ability to engage at all levels within the business as well as proven relationship management skills.
The salary for this role is competitive and there is flexibility for an outstanding candidate.
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV & salary details and a brief supporting statement outlining the reasons why you would like to be considered for the post and how you meet these requirements. Please email this to email@example.com reference H&S_Executive_207