Management AccountantPermanent | £40,000 per annum
We are delighted to be working exclusively for this ambitious business which has major growth plans over the next 5 years. This is a new role that will report to the FD with close contact to the MD and requires a talented management accountant who is a whizz on Excel and possesses a restless curiosity in financial data.
As their new Management Accountant, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the MD & management team to allow them to make informed decisions based on the clear and insightful data and information you provide. As a business with big plans for growth they offer development for a career focused individual.
- Production of accurate and well-presented management accounts, forecasts and variance analysis in line with defined timescales.
- Provide accurate and sound management reporting to assist with key decision making.
- Review of daily operational KPIs prior to circulation.
- Process journals including calculation of accruals and prepayments.
- Support quarterly sales review process highlighting plans, volumes movements, spikes, identifying, tracking, and minimizing risks on stock exposure.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing departments to implement and execute pricing strategy.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to produce regular cost and shop floor efficiency analysis.
- Work closely with Group Finance to ensure standardised reporting and analysis formats.
- Track the procurement performance and analysis of stock turnover and perpetual Stock Control process.
- Ad-hoc finance projects.
The person specification
- Recently Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and providing accurate management information.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word.
- Prior experience of working in a busy finance department.
- Proven experience in developing new processes and procedures.
- Ability to communicate detailed and complex information effectively and professionally to a wide range of people.
- Ability to solve problems using initiative and creativity; identify and propose both practical and innovative solutions.
- Ambitious, driven, and dynamic.
- Eager to work with a forward thinking, passionate MD.
- Keen on continuous development.
- Evidence of ability to undertake and deliver projects.
- Experience of Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll.
Salary & benefits
The salary for this role is circa £40,000 – however there is flexibility for an outstanding candidate.
The next step
To discuss this role further please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance with your CV.