In-house Legal CounselPermanent | £55,000 per annum
A rare opportunity exists within this industry leading business for a talented, diligent, and commercially savvy lawyer. Reporting to the CEO of this successful and vibrant business, you will work across all functions ensuring contractual and compliance matters are managed in a robust and thorough way.
As the lead legal counsel for the UK arm of this global business, you will have autonomy at a local level with the advantage of a group legal function who are on hand for business insights. You will possess a pragmatic understanding of commercial contracts, however additional experience, and expertise in other relevant areas of the law, such as data protection compliance, would be welcomed.
This role would suit someone who is a confident communicator and who enjoys the client facing element of a role; you will be involved in helping win and manage multi-million-pound contracts and will necessitate client meetings remotely and via the London office. The business enjoys an open and relaxed culture and has been awarded multiple awards for their commitment to employee engagement, making this an opportunity which combines challenge and work/life balance – a rare mix.
- Be the primary point of contact for all legal and compliance matters within the business.
- Will Involve managing the relationships of large customers, this will involve travelling to the London office on occasion.
- Responsible for managing legal contracts and compliance documentation.
- Assisting the sales teams in their communications with customers regarding legal and compliance matters.
- Assist in the management of supplier relationships, including advising on and negotiating supplier contracts.
- Supporting the business with its data protection compliance, including advice on the GDPR and other relevant legislation and the implications of Brexit
The person specification
- Educated to a relevant undergraduate and/or post-graduate degree level
- Qualified with 1+ years post qualification experience
- Commercial law experience (particularly in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts).
Salary & benefits
- Salary £55 – 60,000 per annum depending on experience – potentially more for an outstanding candidate.
- Pension scheme
- Car parking
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please apply with your CV to email@example.com to arrange a conversation