Operations ManagerPermanent | £50,000 per annum
We are delighted to have been appointed to recruit for this exciting Operations Manager role based in Gloucester. Our client has been in business for over 30 years and supplies the manufacturing sector with specialist products, their client base is diverse and consists of some of the largest construction contractors in the UK.
This ambitious business, supply and import materials which are produced in various countries including Europe and Asia and they have a manufacturing facility that allows them to alter products to meet specific requirements.
In order to achieve its growth ambition, the business has identified the need for organisational change at the management tier of the business. With this in mind they are looking for a new diligent, organised and ambitious Operations Manager.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the business including, scheduling, efficient stock control and process improvement
- Oversee and manage a team of c20 operatives and ensure team and individual KPI’s are met
- Responsible for ensuring relevant resources are available as required to achieve business performance plans
- Investigate budgeted labour costs and work to reduce costs where possible
- Work with finance and review financial performance of each product line, with the aim of improving operational performance on a continuous basis
- Ensure quality of each product meets and exceeds customer expectations
- Oversee holiday management in line with business requirements
- Manage assigned projects as directed, ensuring completion within agreed time frames
- Look to continually develop your team to ensure appropriate skill levels are in place
- Attend production meetings as required ensuring all required data is available
- Ensure appropriate KPI’s are in place and reviewed regularly
The person specification
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar operations role ideally within a manufacturing and/or distribution business
- An understanding of the construction industry would be advantageous
- Strong operations scheduling experience
- Team management experience
- Strong trouble shooter
- Highly organised and process driven
- An understanding of lean manufacturing processes would be advantageous
- Dynamic, ambitious, and looking to develop further would be ideal
- Excellent communication skills
Salary & benefits
The salary is c£50,000 – this will depend on experience, there is private healthcare and life insurance as well as a competitive holiday package.
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please send us your CV and a brief covering note to email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.