Management AccountantPermanent | £40,000 per annum
We are delighted to be working exclusively with this commercial business based in Cardiff in helping them find their new Management Accountant. You will be a talented and pro-active finance professional and you will be keen to develop your man management skills as well as your technical financial ones. Reporting into the Financial Controller you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of monthly management reports.
This is an ideal role for someone who has proven experience in management accounts and who wishes to develop their career and experience in a varied role. The job will involve the accurate and timely financial reporting for all elements of the business, ensuring effective budgetary control and improvement of existing processes to maintain balance sheet integrity. This hands-on role will involve liaising with senior management, being proactive in optimising existing processes and delivering reliable and timely financial information.
This role is supported by sales & purchase ledger clerks who carry out the transactional duties, however this role involves overseeing the outputs.
- Production of accurate and well-presented management accounts, forecasts and variance analysis in line with defined timescales.
- Preparation and reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts.
- Assist in the production of year-end statutory accounts
- Review of daily KPI’s prior to circulation
- Process journals including calculation of accruals and prepayments.
- Monitor and maintain the fixed asset register
- Oversee the stock control process
- Process payroll and pension payments ensuring accurate recording of transactions.
- Process quarterly VAT returns ensuring accurate submission to HMRC
- Oversee purchase and sales ledger ensuring timely close-down for monthly management accounts
- Ensure purchase and sales ledger queries are dealt with in timely and professional manner.
- Ad-hoc finance projects
The person specification
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA finalist or newly qualified
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and providing accurate management information
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word
- Prior experience of working in a busy finance department
- Proven experience in developing new processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate detailed and complex information effectively and professionally to a wide range of people
- Ability to solve problems using initiative and creativity; identify and propose both practical and innovative solutions
- Evidence of ability to undertake and deliver projects.
- Experience of Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll is ideal
Salary & benefits
- Salary is £35,000 – 40,000 per annum (possibly more for an outstanding candidate).
- Holidays are 24 days plus bank holidays (up to 27 days awarded for long service)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Free car parking
The next step
To apply please submit your CV, salary details and a brief supporting statement outlining the reasons why you would like to be considered for the post and how you meet these requirements. Please email this to email@example.com Reference Management_Accountant_195