Finance OfficerPermanent | £25,000 per annum
We are delighted to be working exclusively with this wonderful charity based in Cardiff in helping them recruit an experienced Finance Officer. You will play an essential part in supporting the wider finance team including the Management Accountant and Finance Manager. You will have sound general accounting knowledge in particular, purchase ledger and sales ledger and the role will involve supporting the team in ensuring the delivery of timely monthly management accounts.
If you are a self-driven individual who is adaptable and looking for a challenging new role this could be perfect for you.
- Sales ledger – process, review and control debtor accounts, making sure the balances are accurate and informative
- Ensure income is received and accounted for in a timely manner
- Purchase ledger – process and ensure payment of expenditure invoices, to include the purchase order and invoice process, expense claims, payroll and pension support
- Ensure expenditure invoices are paid in line with the charity’s policy
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations including prepayments, accruals, pension, wage control, debtors and creditors control accounts
- Bank and petty cash administration and reconciliation
- Prepare and reconcile fixed asset register and posting of depreciation journal
- Support the Management Accountant in production of regional budgets and forecasts
- Support the Finance Manager in the production of consolidated budgets and forecasts
- Support the Finance Manager in the production of the monthly management accounts and adhoc reports
The person specification
- Ideally AAT qualified or studying towards your professional exams
- Strong transactional accounting experience to include purchase and sales ledger
- An understanding of the month end process
- Self-driven, motivated and a team player
- Strong attention to detail with an inquisitive nature.
Salary & benefits
- Salary is up to £25,000 pa
- Holidays are 25 days + bank holidays
- Flexible working
- 37-hour week
- Study support potentially
The next step
To apply please submit your CV, salary details and availability to start work. Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org reference Accounts_Assistant_194. A full job description is available on request.