Assistant AccountantPermanent | £25,000 per annum
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business as it embarks on an exciting growth trajectory. Within this role you will be responsible for recording all financial transactions to able accurate financial reporting as well as carrying out financial analysis and management accounts preparation. Reporting into the Financial Controller, this role would suit someone who has experience in a similar role and is now keen to join a growing business and develop their experience in a dynamic, fast-moving business.
- Process purchase orders into accounting and inventory control system
- Process purchase invoices, reconciling purchase orders to invoices and resolve any queries prior to approval
- Prepare payment run to pay suppliers
- Support e-commerce activity from sales order entry to fulfilment
- Process sales orders, invoices and payments
- Maintain sales analysis records
- Run credit control function
- Reconcile bank account
- Monthly management accounts preparation and analysis
- Assist in budget and forecasting preparation and analysis
- Assist with year-end audit
- Prepare HMRC returns for VAT, intrastats, PAYE/NI
- Review and pay expense submissions
- Submit payroll information to payroll bureau, submit outputs for approval and arrange payments.
The person specification
- Studying or qualified at AAT level or equivalent
- Experienced in sales order processing through to dispatch and credit control, ideally in e-commerce
- Experienced in purchase order processing, invoice processing and supplier payment processing
- Experienced in financial reporting analysis.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to prepare VAT returns and payroll input processing
- Working knowledge of Xero and an inventory control system would be advantageous.
Salary & benefits
- Salary on offer is circa £25,000 FTE
- Free parking and some home based working after probationary period
- 25 hours a week – flexible
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please apply with your CV and a brief covering note or contact Karen Birch at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation