Finance ManagerPermanent | £35,000 per annum
A strong finance professional is needed for an exciting opportunity within an established business in South Wales. You will be responsible for finance and admin and ensure it is run efficiently and professionally, maintaining excellent high standards always. The role will suit someone who enjoys autonomy in the workplace. This is a standalone finance role within the construction industry.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, KPI's, variance analysis and commentary.
- Support the senior management team to develop and drive improvement to the Company's financial and management accounting systems.
- Review and recommend improvements to internal controls and financial procedures.
- Invoice reconciliation
- Expenses management compliant with HMRC.
- Key finance reconciliations ensuring robust reporting of all balance sheet accounts.
- Manage the filing of all tax returns including VAT and Duty Returns, payroll and corporate taxes.
- Auditor liaison.
- Compliance with banking and other commercial obligations.
The person specification
The successful candidate will have the following attributes -:
- Previous experience of working in a SME Owner/Manager service business.
- Approachable with excellent communication skills, willing to help others and go the extra mile to do so.
- Strong technical accounting experience.
- Excellent attention to detail is paramount / quality control is essential.
- Self-motivated with strong organisational skills and a methodical approach to prioritising and organising work, ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, whilst maintain flexibility and ensuring approachable.
Salary & benefits
- Up to £30-35,000 pa possibly more (dependent on qualifications and experience)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free on-site car park
The next step
Please click on apply to send in your CV in the first instance and one of the team will be in touch and provide job full details. For an informal discussion about the role please call the Sitka 02920 484520