Finance PartnerFixed Term | £30,000 per annum
We are recruiting an AAT qualified/part qualified Accountant to provide quality finance support to a charitable organisation based in Cardiff. This role offers the opportunity for an experienced and pro-active professional to work in a finance team which provides high-quality management information, with a key focus on service delivery.
You will work in a small team of dedicated individuals and report into a supportive Finance Manager. This is an ideal role for someone with experience in management accounts, budgeting and payroll and is a rare opportunity to join an organisation that offers flexible working arrangements and promotes work/life balance. This role is being offered on 4 month fixed term basis (until the end of June 2020), the working hours could be between 25 and 37 hours a week – there is flexibility as how these are worked.
- Supporting the business by preparing departmental management accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Supervision of the payroll process incorporating:
- Monthly Gross pay to Net pay process, including any monthly changes as notified by HR
- Allocating staff salaries within the nominal ledger appropriately
- Year-end HMRC procedures
- Managing the Employer and Employee pension payments, Healthcare scheme payments and HMRC payments, ensuring all payments are made within the required timescales and are accurate and complete.
- Ensuring PAYE dispensation remains current and relevant for the business.
- To work closely with procurement to ensure all procured spend is appropriately transacted through the ledgers.
- To conduct monthly departmental accounts and reviews and report on variances support them with any forecasting & new budgets
- To prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and report to lead on any adverse transactions
- Review sales and purchase ledger control accounts on a regular basis and recommend any amendments
- To prepare management and departmental accounts for review
- Ensuring accurate coding of invoices for all departments and process monthly payment run in line with supplier terms
- Prepare the group VAT returns for review
- To spot check monthly expenses in line with travel policy and process for payment and report on any anomalies to appropriate lead
- Assist lead with the production and input of annual budgets
The person specification
- You will be AAT qualified (or part ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Ideally have experience of using Xero accounting system and project accounting
- You will be able to use your own initiative in order to prioritise work to meet finance deadlines, independently and be happy to work as part of a team
- You will be able to demonstrate well developed interpersonal and communication skills, as this role as regular interaction with internal and external stakeholders
- You will have strong Microsoft excel skills
- You will have experience in preparing management accounts, undertaking variance analysis.
- You will possess excellent attention to detail and be able to work to a high degree of accuracy.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary is £30,054 per annum (FTE)
- 32 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme (7% employer contribution)
- flexible working arrangements
- Free parking
How to apply
Please click on apply to send in your CV in the first instance and one of the team will be in touch and provide job full details. For an informal discussion about the role please call Karen Birch on 07484 520007