Learning, Development & HR ManagerPermanent | £35,000 per annum
A talented learning & development/HR professional with experience in leading, designing, developing and delivering programmes, is required for an expanding professional business in Cardiff.
Our client is an award-winning business that prides itself in delivering a quality assured service to clients across the UK. They deliver a first-class customer experience and provide innovative, agile solutions, giving them an enviable reputation in their sector. With a client base that includes, commercial international businesses, household brand names and large public sector organisations, they are an employer of choice in a competitive employment market.
The role will incorporate elements of HR which will be aligned to maintaining a stable and engaged workforce. As a new role, the priorities may change according to business needs, therefore candidates with an agile approach to their work should apply.
Learning & development responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the L&D strategy from inception through to completion
- Design and deliver thought-provoking, impactful and effective L&D solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Develop e-learning programmes and digital L&D resources
- Source and develop relationships with external training providers to ensure suitable training for staff
- Collate and analyse training data to identify additional training needs
- Assess both individual, departmental and organisational learning and development needs
- Monitor and report on activities, performance and costs as required and evaluate the impact and effectiveness on individuals and business outcomes.
- Deliver on the company’s HR policies
- Management of all levels of HR queries, providing advice in line with current employment legislation
- Provide advice to key stakeholders and employees regarding HR policy, employee relations and best practice
- Initial point of contact for disciplinary, grievance, capability, redundancy and sickness absence processes.
- Champion and oversee all HR procedures pertaining to employee wellbeing
The person specification
- Demonstrable experience of developing, managing and evaluating L&D initiatives
- Collaborative style with first class relationship building skills, showing the ability to inspire and lead others to achieve results
- Experience in managing performance and capability issues
- Comprehensive knowledge of new learning and development practices
- Ability to think creatively to deliver relevant training to individuals and groups
- Strong working knowledge of employment law
- Experience of working with senior managers and a board
- Ideally educated to degree/postgraduate level
- CIPD qualification (level 5 or above) is desirable for this position.
Salary & benefits
- Salary is circa £35,000 FTE – with the potential of more for the right candidate.
- A 4-day working week would be considered
- Company pension
- 25 days holidays
- Life assurance
- Subsidised parking
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please apply with your CV and a brief covering note or contact Karen Birch at email@example.com to arrange a conversation.