Financial ControllerPermanent | £55,000 per annum
This iconic Welsh organisation based in the heart of the city of Cardiff is looking for their new Financial Controller, ideally you will be a collaborative, ambitious and experienced qualified accountant and demonstrate ambitions that will help drive the organisation forward into it's next stage of growth.
The role is a key part of the management team and reports into the CEO with a dotted line to the Interim Finance Director. It offers fantastic exposure across the organisation, including opportunities to deputise for the Interim FD, who will provide guidance and development to support your own personal growth.
- Provide appropriate and timely financial reports, budgets and commentaries covering various metrics as required by the heads of department, board members and other major stakeholders
- Work with the commercial team to ensure accurate budget control and support from a finance perspective
- Ensure strict control over finances and add value through analysis and interpretation of figures which will in turn aid cashflow forecasting
- Monitor income and expenditure and lead on and own the delivery of annual budgets, MI, internal controls and any other financial matters that arise
- Work closely with the CEO, and other senior stakeholders to ensure the business hits its strategic, commercial and financial milestones
- Directly manage, coach and lead the finance team, helping develop their skills and knowledge and mentor them to become more efficient and effective in what they do
The person specification
- Qualified accountant with at least 3 years post qualification experience
- Working knowledge of IFRS or UK GAAP, as well as experience in producing cashflow forecasts and monthly management accounts
- Strong academic background
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate ambitions to reach director level
- Commercially astute and a strategic thinker
Salary & benefits
£50-55,000 pa plus completive benefits package.
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please apply with your CV and a brief covering note or contact Ita McNeil-Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation.