Finance DirectorPermanent | Competitive package
An opportunity exists within this industry leading business for an ambitious, innovative, driven and experienced senior qualified accountant. Reporting to the Managing Director of this highly commercial c£20 million turnover organisation, you will be excited about playing a key role in driving the business forward through the improvement of processes, and by focusing on specific channel and product performance, which in turn feeds into overall business performance. You will thrive in an environment that ‘never stands still’ and ensure current systems are being utilised to their full capability.
As someone who has a natural curiosity and mind for delving beyond the figures and who seeks to continually assess and improve the processes and procedures, you will be a starter-finisher and know how to get the best from your team. Your relationship development skills will be strong and your desire to succeed in a demanding No. 1 finance role will be high.
You will demonstrate the qualities of a leader that encourages team cohesion and be at your best working towards a common goal. You will be someone who likes to stay close to the figures and who understands the importance of an efficient and effective ERP system.
- Play an active role as a senior manager within the business helping design and deliver strategy
- Provide financial leadership ensuring continued financial viability, probity and predictability of revenue and costs
- Lead on and own the delivery of annual budgets, MI, internal controls and any other financial matters that effect the business
- Lead on reporting to ensure timescales and targets are met
- Work closely with the MD and other senior stakeholders to ensure the business hits its strategic, commercial and financial milestones
- Ensure completion of statutory reporting, compliance and annual accounts
- Oversee and manage annual audit process
The person specification
- Qualified with a minimum 5 years post qualification experience – ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Experience of working within a similar type of role in a SME
- Demonstrable financial modelling and forecasting skills
- Proven experience of managing and developing a finance team
- Strong communication and relationship development skills
Salary & benefits
- Salary, £60-70,000 per annum depending on experience
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 24 days annual leave
- Car parking
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you and to share the full job description with you, please attach your CV and a brief covering note or contact Ita McNeil-Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation.