Finance Business PartnerTemporary | £43,000 per annum
We are recruiting an experienced Management Accountant to lead and manage a comprehensive partnering service for an organisation based in Newport. This role offers the opportunity for an experienced professional to work in a finance team which provides high-quality management information, with a key focus on service delivery.
You will work in a team of talented individuals and report into a supportive Financial Controller. This is an ideal role for someone with proven experience in management accounting and budget planning and who can support stakeholders by providing advice and guidance when needed. A rare opportunity to join an organisation that offers agile working and promotes work/life balance. This role is being offered on a 16-month fixed term basis.
- Lead and manage the management accounting team in the delivery of all services ensuring value for money whilst delivering services that meet the needs of customers.
- Accountable for the resources deployed in meeting the accountabilities and responsibilities of the role, reviewing service delivery and seeking to continuously improve to achieve the highest levels of service.
- Direct and manage the management accounting team in delivering and maintaining a centralised financial system and the development and utilisation of automated solutions.
- To promote an organisation wide culture of providing value through effective financial accounting and compliance, delivering efficient and robust financial modelling and management accounts reporting.
- Accountable to the Financial Controller for the effective management, and control of the organisation’s management and project accounting activities.
- Support the Financial Controller on leading the production of the annual budgets, forecasting, monthly reporting and statutory accounts.
- Analyse business performance against forecast assumptions and identify any risks/opportunities. Maintain an up to date and relevant knowledge of financial reporting standards and ensure all statutory requirements are complied with.
The person specification
- Qualified accountant with prior experience of working in a management accounting environment
- Experience of people management within a large organisation with strong leadership skills
- Experience of developing, implementing and evaluating strategic and corporate plans
- Experience of managing and delivering management and project accounting in an innovative manner
- Experience of working effectively with auditors and managing risk
- Experience of contract and contractor management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
Salary & Benefits
- Salary is up to £43,000 per annum – (potentially higher for the right candidate)
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- 37-hour week – flexible working arrangements
- Flexible working to include working from home
How to apply
Please click on apply to send in your CV in the first instance and one of the team will be in touch and provide job full details. For an informal discussion about the role please call Karen Birch on 07484 520007