Payroll ManagerPermanent | £40,000 per annum
Our client, a rapidly growing fast paced and dynamic business is looking for an experienced Payroll & Benefits manager to join their team.
Recently named as one of the top 50 Most Exciting Companies to work for, our client is seeking a payroll professional with a strong eye for detail who can take ownership for overseeing the payroll and benefits proposition. The role is responsible for head office colleagues plus a regional network of businesses (c300 employees in total at present – however this number is growing YOY).
The role will involve working closely with colleagues within the wider HR and Finance teams, as well as with external stakeholders, therefore the ability to build & maintain internal and external customer relationships at all levels is key.
In addition to taking ownership of the payroll processes and relationships, you will work to ensure our processes are efficient, streamlined and simple – ultimately that they meet the needs of current employees and enable the smooth transition for new staff when future acquisitions are made.
- Process weekly payroll for all employees
- Analysing employee hours and shift patterns, highlighting payroll errors or queries
- Completion and distribution of P45, P60 and P11D
- To calculate and submit all PAYE/NI liability payments to HMRC/Revenue by required deadline
- Ensure systems are set up and updated to reflect our current employee base including wages, benefit, sick and holidays in line with contracts
- Work closely and liaise with HR department on new starters, leavers and internal promotions
- Audit payroll, WTD hours, TYD earnings etc
- To liaise with HR and manage the TUPE Transfers process from a payroll perspective
- Communicate actively with Operations, HR to review cross-departmental impacts
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, holidays, tax deductions and benefit deductions)
- Keep up to date with any new or changes legal requirements.
- Any other reasonable request from senior team.
- An excellent understanding of Payroll processes gained in a similar role, with up to date payroll legislation knowledge.
- Experience of auto-enrolment regulations and communication.
- Experience of payroll data analysis
- Able to deal with pressure and managing conflicting priorities. Must be able to multi-task.
- A curious attitude – with the interest and tenacity to keep abreast of payroll legislation.
- Adaptable, pro-active, positive and solution focussed (“can-do” attitude).
- Recognises and respects the confidential nature of Payroll/HR activities.
- Strong communicator, both verbal written
- Highly organised with excellent time management skill
- Salary c £40,000 pa
- Agile working options
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace Pension
- Death in Service cover
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply immediately with your CV and covering note, or feel free to give Karen Birch a call on 07484 520007 to find out more.