Interim Finance ManagerFixed Term | £60,000 per annum
We are recruiting an interim Finance Manager to work for a successful business based in South Wales. This role offers the chance for a qualified accountant to work in a finance team dedicated to providing high quality and insightful management information to support the needs of the business.
The role reports into a Financial Controller, you will also work closely with the Finance Director. This role would suit a qualified accountant with demonstrable experience in management accounts, month/year end procedures and who has strong commercial acumen. The business is part of larger group; therefore, this role is a great opportunity for a finance professional to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment. The role is to cover maternity leave for approximately 9 months.
- Manage the weekly & monthly management accounts process
- Provide management information for key stakeholders within the business on a regular and timely basis
- Assist in the preparation of year end & half year end management and statutory accounts and deal with external auditor’s queries providing full audit files and reconciliations
- Assist the Financial Controller with quarterly forecasts and budgets
- Oversee internal payroll function to ensure timely production and accurate journal entries
- Play an active role within the control system environment
- Responsible for internal and external reporting, including overseeing the preparation of monthly VAT returns, intrastat and EC sales reports
- Manage the fixed asset process
- Management of customer terms & provisions.
The person specification
- Fully qualified with at least 3 years subsequent experience in industry, ideally manufacturing
- Strong project management skills e.g. capable of preparing and running the plan to deliver the budgets
- Excellent communication skills in order to communicate effectively, both internally (all management and directors) and externally (auditors and management of holding company)
- Must have a flexible approach and be willing and able to work additional hours where necessary
- Must be computer literate (all Microsoft packages) with strong Excel skills. IT experience in implementing / developing financial systems would be a real benefit
- Good technical knowledge – IFRS, UK GAAP, VAT, Intrastat.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary is up to £60,000 per annum; depending on experience NB: Daily rate or fixed term employment will both be considered.
- Pension scheme
How to apply
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply immediately with your CV and covering note, or feel free to give us a call to find out more.
If this position is not quite right for you, but you would like a confidential discussion on your career please contact us, we would be more than happy to support you in the search for your next role.