Finance ManagerPermanent | £40,000 per annum
Our client, a regional charity that has been established for over 40 years operates as a member of a national entity. They are recruiting an experienced Finance Manager to join the organisation’s management team in order to become an integral part of their future growth plans. The role will incorporate both strategic and operational responsibilities for finance and presents a genuine opportunity to utilise financial talent in a much-needed welsh charity. The organisation has ambitious plans which could result in more than doubling the current budget and therefore candidates wishing to apply to should be open and excited about the prospect of what is a challenging and rewarding position.
Please note: this role is offered on a part time basis – circa 16 hours per week, possibly more.
- A key element of this role will be to provide support to key stakeholders by developing the charity's strategic and financial plans and include management of the day to day financial operations
- Financial responsibilities include: Preparing annual accounts, working with external accountants and advisors, producing management accounts, managing the charity's cash flow & treasury balances
- Will also be responsible for producing the charity's annual operational and grant budgets/forecasts, with support and input from the Management Team, monitoring expenditure against budgets, holding responsibility for the completion and submission of the Annual Report and end-of-year accounts for Charity Commission and any other statutory body
- The Finance Manager will be responsible for developing, maintaining and improving financial systems and procedures, ensuring appropriate risk management techniques and financial controls are embedded throughout the charity.
- Will involve line management of finance officer in day-to-day operations. Motivate, lead and develop whilst providing helpful feedback.
The person specification
- You will ideally be ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified with minimum 5 years’ experience in a financial management role
- Will have proven abilities in identifying and managing financial risk
- Will possess good working knowledge of current accounting software and IT systems, in particular Sage line 50 would be beneficial. Will also need experience of working with HR/payroll systems
- Will have a thorough knowledge of management systems for all accounting functions including purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll, cash and banking, nominal ledger and stock
- Will ideally possess working knowledge and understanding of implementing strategic priorities
- You will have proven experience of budget preparation, setting and monitoring and financial forecasting
- Will be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in their career to date as well as leadership skills – being able to create and foster a culture of creativity and innovation to achieve business growth is a vital element of this role
- Will have the ability to present complex numerical and qualitative information effectively and appropriately for the audience as well as Proven experience of budget preparation, setting and monitoring and financial forecasting.
Salary & Benefits
- This role is offered on a part time basis – circa 16 hours per week, possibly more
- Full time salary is up to £40,000 per annum DOE
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holiday and your Birthday, rising by 1 a year to a maximum of 30.
- Flexible working arrangement
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV, salary details and a brief supporting statement outlining the reasons why you would like to be considered for the post and how you meet these requirements. Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org reference FinManager_Sitka_142