Corporate Financial ControllerPermanent | Competitive package
Newport City Homes (NCH) is passionate about providing quality housing services for all their residents. They provide homes and services to more than 10,000 residents, leaseholders and shared owners in the city of Newport. They are the largest social landlord in Newport, with 71% of the city's social housing stock.
They have delivered their first 21 new homes in the city and have big ambitions for the future to build up to 250 new units per year. To support their development aspiration, they are in the process of completing a major refinancing exercise which will mean that effective treasury management will be critical.
NCH is a value led organisation that strives for excellence in everything they do. They listen, learn, improve, and most of all, deliver to their communities.
NCH has created a new position for a Corporate Financial Controller. As an experienced and professionally qualified accountant you will be looking for a challenging and varied role, one that will call on your strong management and leadership skills, as well as your technical accounting ability.
You will play a key role in supporting the Deputy Director of Finance and Resources and other members of the corporate management team, in driving cultural and organisational change to achieve the overall organisational aims. You will be an individual who has extraordinary drive, energy and ambition, complemented by a social ethos. As a self-starter you will be committed to leading an exceptional team, but above all, you will be prepared to make a difference.
- As a natural leader you will lead finance and business planning, with an emphasis on customer focus and cost efficiencies, ensuring the provision of resident focused financial services support for the delivery of NCH’s 2020+ vision
- As a highly experienced accountant, you will lead on the delivery of all financial and business planning services within the finance function, ensuring value for money is achieved whilst delivering services that meet the needs of the organisation’s residents and communities
- You will be accountable for the delivery of robust financial and business planning services for the association, which will be supported by effective treasury services
- You will be accountable for the resources deployed in meeting the accountabilities and responsibilities of the role, to include review of service delivery and internal, and where relevant, external customer satisfaction levels, seeking to constantly improve and achieve better results
- Ensuring that robust performance management strategies are in place for the finance and business planning function, you will build and encourage resilience amongst your team and continually review structures and roles
The person specification
- Qualified accountant, CIMA/ACCA/ACA with minimum 5 years PQE
- Demonstrable experience of working in a senior leadership role within a large complex organisation
- Team management experience
- Experience of developing, implementing and evaluating strategic and corporate plans
- Experience of managing and delivering effective financial management
- Experience of supporting and developing a coaching culture
- Strategic thinker with excellent people skills, to include strong communication, influencing and negotiating ability
- Proven success in project management
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to interpret complex information to ensure sound decision making
- Knowledge of workforce planning and systems working is highly desirable, as is experience of contract and contractor management.
Salary & benefits
- Competitive market rate salary
- Choice of generous pension schemes
- Agile & flexible working options
- Enhanced annual leave and company sick pay scheme
- Buy & sell annual leave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On the job learning & development opportunities
- Modern office environment with excellent IT facilities
- Subsidised car parking
- Subsidised staff social events
How to apply
For an informal discussion, please contact Ita McNeil-Jones of Sitka Recruitment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07484 520006. Alternatively, please email Ita to request the full candidate brief quoting Sitka_NCH_138.
All applications will be acknowledged.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Friday 16th August 2019.
Assessment day 12th September 2019.
Please note, Newport City Homes is working exclusively with Sitka Recruitment therefore any CVs sent directly to them will be forwarded on.