Assistant AccountantTemporary | £15
Sitka is working with a market leader in its industry, this business requires an Assistant Accountant for approximately 3-4 month to help support the finance team. Our client is a global manufacturing business and is headquartered in the USA, this role is based in the Heads of the Valleys. The role is working in a busy finance team so would suit someone who already has some experience and is keen to have an opportunity to take on more over the period of the assignment.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, the role will involve:
- Month end posting of sales journals
- Creation and posting of any other journals requested e.g. accruals and prepayments
- Analysing of freight invoices
- Analysing of temps’ invoices
- Daily reporting of scrap/overtime/productivity
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Fixed asset reporting
- Setting up journal file and ensuring all journals are included
- Monitoring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed and filed
- Monitoring Segregation of Duty controls have been performed
- Other Ad hoc duties.
The person specification
- It is expected the successful individual will have general accounting experience assisting financial daily and month end processes
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA Part qualified/AAT qualified or candidates with equivalent experience will be considered
- You should have experience of working in a busy finance team
- Knowledge of SAP will be an advantage, although not essential as training will be given.
- You will be computer literate with good Microsoft Excel skills.
- You will possess good communication skills.
Salary & benefits
This role is a temporary position and will be paid on an hourly rate basis – either Ltd company or PAYE. Hourly rate of circa £13.00 – £18.00 per hour DOE.
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days + Bank Holidays
Monday to Thursday – 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, Friday 8.00 am – 12.00 pm
How to apply
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply immediately with your CV and covering note, or feel free to give Karen Birch on 07484 520007, to find out more.