Head of CommunicationsPermanent | £50,000 per annum
We are delighted to have been appointed as the recruitment partner for this forward-thinking progressive organisation based in South East Wales, in helping them find their new Head of Communications.
This is a critical appointment and we are looking to attract an experienced senior communications professional with extensive experience in the field.
Reporting to the senior director, your main purpose will be to formulate and direct a communications strategy with the prime focus on supporting the service the organisation delivers, in line with their values and priorities. This is a senior appointment and therefore requires a strategic thinker who is a confident leader, as well as decision maker.
- Act as adviser to senior staff on the strategic and functional direction of corporate communication and engagement
- Lead on strategic communication projects, both nationally and regionally, taking opportunities to identify change and innovation that will help shape internal policies and procedures
- Take strategic responsibility for the development of communication strategies to include, internal and external communications, digital media and engagement
- Define and deliver a proactive and innovative media, marketing and public relation strategy
- Build and sustain effective internal and external relationships
- Ensure resources are effectively managed, that service provision is prioritised and that internal strategies support the core values and behaviours of the organisation
- Effectively manage the unit budget to ensure best value and the efficient use of resources
- Directly manage a team of 6 staff.
The person specification
- Strategic thinker and leader who has worked in a similar role before, with at least 2 years’ experience in a senior post and a strong background in communications
- Hold a degree level qualification in marketing, public/press relations or similar
- Extensive experience of working in collaborative relationships with senior decision makers
- Experience in managing a team of people
- Experience of proactively managing relationships with the media, demonstrating an understanding of digital platforms and social media channels
- Proven experience of handling media for major events
- Experience of engagement at a local, regional and national level
- Proven record of accurate compilation of fact and quality writing ability, preferably for the media
- Good understanding of current social media platforms
- Sound knowledge of media legislation
- Confident networker
Salary & benefits
- Salary is £47,826 – £51,048 depending on experience
- Annual leave is 27 days + bank holidays (increasing to 30 after 5 years’ service)
- Generous pension scheme
- Flexible working
How to apply
To request the full brief please email Ita McNeil-Jones on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference Head_of_Communications_130, if you would like to show initial interest please apply with your CV and we will be in touch.
For an informal discussion before making an application, please call Ita on 07484 520006.