Fixed Term | £30,054
We are recruiting an AAT qualified/part qualified Accountant to provide quality finance support to a charitable organisation based in Cardiff. This role offers the opportunity for an experienced and pro-active professional to work in a finance team which provides high-quality management information, with a key focus on service delivery.
You will work in a small team of dedicated individuals and report into a supportive Finance Manager. This is an ideal role for someone with experience in management accounts, budgeting and payroll. A rare opportunity to join an organisation that offers flexible working arrangements and promotes work/life balance. This role is being offered on a 12-month fixed term basis, the working hours are between 21 and 24 hours a week – there is flexibility as how these are worked.
- Supporting the business by preparing departmental management accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- WEFO specific:
- Complete the quarterly WEFO claim process;
- Ensure accurate coding of invoices to project departments;
- Reconcile ESF/WG income received on a quarterly basis;
- Be the key point of contact for the business for all WEFO eligibility expenditure rules queries;
- Ensure all ESF expenditure is adequately evidenced in line with WEFO guidance and any anomalies are highlighted to the Finance Lead where appropriate;
- To liaise closely with auditors for any WEFO/EFAT audit, to resolve any issues arising and ensure they are provided with all relevant information as requested.
- To assist the Finance Lead in the preparation of any re-profiling of budgets relating to specific projects.
- To assist the Finance Lead in the preparation of any profiling of budgets for any subsequent extensions or new rounds of ESF funding.
- To supervise the Payroll process incorporating:
- Monthly Gross pay to Net pay process, including any monthly changes as notified by HR;
- Allocating Core staff salaries and ESF staff salaries within the nominal ledger appropriately and in line with WEFO guidance;
- Year end HMRC procedures;
- Managing the Employer and Employee pension payments, Healthcare scheme payments and HMRC payments, ensuring all payments are made within the required timescales and are accurate and complete;
- Ensuring PAYE dispensation remains current and relevant for the business.
- To ensure the effective administration of the Pension scheme and that the company Pension scheme is in line with government legislation.
- To ensure the effective administration of the Healthcare scheme, working alongside the HR function.
- To work alongside the Finance lead in the preparation of the management accounts, identifying any variances for reporting to Board.
- To work closely with the Procurement team to ensure all procured spend is appropriately transacted through the ledgers.
The person specification
- You will be AAT qualified (or part ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Ideally have experience of using Xero accounting system and project accounting
- You will be able to use your own initiative in order to prioritise work to meet finance deadlines, independently and be happy to work as part of a team
- You will be able to demonstrate well developed interpersonal and communication skills, as this role as regular interaction with internal and external stakeholders
- You will have strong Microsoft excel skills
- You will have experience in preparing management accounts, undertaking variance analysis.
- You will possess excellent attention to detail and be able to work to a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience of accounting for European Structural Funds and have a good demonstrable knowledge of the Welsh National Expenditure Eligibility Rules – would be an advantage.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary is £30,054 per annum (FTE)
- 32 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme (7% employer contribution)
- 21-24 hour week – flexible working arrangements
- Flexible working
- Free parking
How to apply
Please click on apply to send in your CV in the first instance and one of the team will be in touch and provide job full details. For an informal discussion about the role please call Karen Birch on 07484 520007.