Senior Communications OfficerFixed Term | £34,300
Our client a dynamic leader in its field is looking for an experienced communications professional to join their growing team. With excellent knowledge of communications, from media and marketing to digital and internal communications, you will thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment.
You will plan and deliver on several high-profile campaigns and programmes in line with the organisation’s transformation portfolio and strategic objectives. As someone who is passionate about delivering effective communications to a wide range of customers, you will play a pivotal role in helping to grow the brand through storytelling, marketing and social media initiatives.
Initially a 6 month contract this role is highly likely to become permanent, due to business growth.
- Create clear, accurate, simple and engaging content, often from complex information. To include news releases, articles, statements and media briefings, website copy, social media posts, photography and internal news
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to support them in delivering engaging and creative communications
- Effectively manage and develop the intranet and website to promote the strategic aspirations of the organisation
- Manage high-risk communications and social media activity ensuring channels reflect ambitions and values of the organisation
- Oversee and deliver proactive and reactive media activity, maximising opportunities for positive coverage, anticipating negative issues and developing plans to deal with them
- Procure and manage external design services, offering support to the delivery of key strategic and corporate projects, ensuring consistency of brand and value for money
The person specification
- Ideally have a relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise own and other workloads to maximise available time and resource
- Show a good understanding of communications, reputation management and the media
- Knowledge of a range of media, public relations and digital media tactics, including implementation of these
- Strong understanding of digital platforms and the latest technologies
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
Package & Benefits
- Salary up to £34,000 per annum
- 37 hours per week – flexi-time to include working from home
- 25 days holiday
- Generous Pension
How to apply
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply immediately with your CV and covering note, or feel free to give Ita McNeil-Jones a call on 07484 520006 to find out more, there is a full job description available.